Good cases for many harddrives

TonyR

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2005
I am looking for a good case that will hold many harddrives. I have a Raid5 array of 6 disks, plus a 7th disk that runs my OS. I have one dvd-rw drive, on a standard ATX motherboard. 1agp+2x PCI cards.

In my current case the 6 harddrives are close together and do not cool well with an 80mm fan in front of each set of 3 drives (Antec SOHO case).

I am looking for a case that will house my many drives nicely while keeping them cool. The two cases that I have in mind are an Armor case or Antec 900 from newegg. Ive seen lots of cases that will hold all the drives but do not provide suitable cooling for them.
My price range is up to $150 and I already have a psu.
I am also open to a case that could be easily modified to blow 2x120mm fans on the drives without having to do too much to the drive cages.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I could do? Any links or things would be help. Thank you all

still_life

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
I have an Amour and it cools 6 HDDs with 1 120mm fan(front 3) and another 3 by 1 92mm +psu (which i next to it, sideways facing) very well. Only prob is you only get 6 HDD spaces as standard, so a drive bay cooler in needed for the OS drive. Or you could order another drive bay, which holds 3 more HDDs and comes with another 120mm fan.

G

I would not suggest the 900, with this many drive it will be a total mess and a jungle of wires!

The armor could do it.

Really expensive is the SilverStone Tj07, incredible to cool 6hd with 2X dedicated 120mm. and the 7th could be a 5.25 bay, or the floppy.

The Tj09 could also do it.

Once again, expensive, you could look at this kind of Lian-Li case PC-V2000 almost unlimited amount of HD =). The other PC-V series are also pretty nice!