Sign in with
Your question

behind the user names, who are we? - Page 6

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 19, 2006 12:05:53 AM

Quote:
Advice, advise..... meh. Calling people on minor spelling mistakes is pedantic at best.

Its no worse than you telling someone over the internet to learn how to fold cloths and clean their room :roll:

Quote:
You should probably at least fold your clothes and clean your room first. Just a bit of advise.

Dont try and down play it you cocky prick by highlighting the part where you said (Should probably at least)

Either way you look at it your still a bitch for saying that to someone you dont even know over the internet.

You should probably stop being an arrogant prick and stop acting like peoples dad over the internet. Just a bit of advice.

Speaking of "arrogant" and "cocky" and "prick" and "bitch", take a look in the mirror. Like what you see?

And who, exactly, are you to speak as you did? Where do you get off doing so?

Get a grip and grow up. I'm sure your parents made an effort to teach you manners and civility. Honour them by applying these concepts in reality. Otherwise, go back under your rock until you can behave in mature and civil manner.

Noobs. Gotta love em :) 

Your pathetic attempt to start a flame war is DOA. "NOOB" indeed.

BTW, you have been reported to the moderators.
December 19, 2006 12:14:23 AM

Can you children take this to PM please?

It is not contributing to the thread, and is likely discouraging others from posting info connected to the OP's request.

Focus and prioritization, IYDMP.
December 19, 2006 12:17:34 AM

Quote:
A newbie, at college (again, got kicked out of my 1st time) studying general ICT, have an amazing GF and love computers though know little about them(only 1 build, which was a total failure).

I live in the UK, south of Newcastle, love rock and heavy metal. I smoke to much, drink to much and am a bit depressed(bit/a lot...meh.) My dad is an arsehole.

Always short of money, always long on hair and am quite fit...i bike everywhere. I am always getting beat up...(Chavs) I love a frosty morning.

Total failure :?: What happened :?: :roll:
Related resources
December 19, 2006 12:25:23 AM

Quote:
And for those of you who don't know...Chavs = http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

Oh thanx I don't knew what was a "chav" :D  ... :)  oh wait I still don't know. :evil: 

By the link I understand a chav it's a doped, alcoholic, offensive, violent, etc. person. :? is it right? :?
December 19, 2006 12:28:44 AM

Quote:
And for those of you who don't know...Chavs = http://www.fat-pie.com/chavs.htm

Oh thanx I don't knew what was a "chav" :D  ... :)  oh wait I still don't know. :evil: 

By the link I understand a chav it's a doped, alcoholic, offensive, violent, etc. person. :? is it right? :?

I was once told by a friend in the UK that if you saw a chav, you were supposed to run. So I'm going to assume you're close, or that they're some gangbanger wannabe white trash for the UK.
December 19, 2006 1:28:42 AM

RobsX2 Wrote:
Quote:
WizardOZ wrote:
RobsX2 wrote:
WizardOZ wrote:
RobsX2 wrote:
DaSickNinja wrote:
RobsX2 wrote:
DaSickNinja wrote:
Advice, advise..... meh. Calling people on minor spelling mistakes is pedantic at best.

Its no worse than you telling someone over the internet to learn how to fold cloths and clean their room Rolling Eyes

DaSickNinja plainly wrote:
You should probably at least fold your clothes and clean your room first. Just a bit of advise.

Dont try and down play it you cocky prick by highlighting the part where you said (Should probably at least)

Either way you look at it your still a bitch for saying that to someone you dont even know over the internet.

You should probably stop being an arrogant prick and stop acting like peoples dad over the internet. Just a bit of advice.

Speaking of "arrogant" and "cocky" and "prick" and "bitch", take a look in the mirror. Like what you see?

And who, exactly, are you to speak as you did? Where do you get off doing so?

Get a grip and grow up. I'm sure your parents made an effort to teach you manners and civility. Honour them by applying these concepts in reality. Otherwise, go back under your rock until you can behave in mature and civil manner.

Noobs. Gotta love em Smile

Your pathetic attempt to start a flame war is DOA. "NOOB" indeed.

BTW, you have been reported to the moderators.

Dude seriously. STF up you stupid noob. You have not even been here long enough to know what has been going on between ninja and I so just STF up already.

And BTW-Ninja and I are cool now so F off moron.

You have been reported to the moderators - again

And RobsX2 Also Wrote:

Quote:
WizardOZ wrote:
Can you children take this to PM please?

It is not contributing to the thread, and is likely discouraging others from posting info connected to the OP's request.

Focus and prioritization, IYDMP.

I hope you enjoyed your stay at tomshardware.com you dumb nub.

And how, exactly, were you involved in this particular conversation?

And, for the third time, you have been reported to the moderators.

I really don't care about your "relationship" with DaSick Ninja and how "cool" you two may be "now" (as opposed to "previously"). That's utterly irrelevant. To everyone here on this thread, not just me. None of us "by-standers" is interested in observing your intimate relations with any of your partners or associates. Keep it private.

What I do care about is your foul language, negative and egocentric attitude and disrespect, not only of me and DaSick Ninja, but ALL the other posters here. Your posts make it crystal clear that you are still a teenager, if not physically, then mentally and emotionaly for sure. And a stupidly potty-mouthed one at that.

Did you think you would scare me? Why would I, let alone anyone else, be afraid of someone who is as strong a Darwin Award candidate as your own posts show you to be? I've shoveled horse manure that was more intelligent than you demonstrably are. Keep it up, I will just keep on reporting you to the moderators. Soon enough, your own mouth will get you banned. Keep smiling.
December 19, 2006 1:31:18 AM

Just let it go.... And back on topic.... I want to see the other 1000+ posters here, cough*Vern*cough :wink:
December 19, 2006 1:37:09 AM

Quote:
No, I am not proud! I am very dissatisfied because i like new tehnologies. Make a airplane invisible is great idea. If you ask me - i will give the Nobel price to man who invented that.

What :?: :!: 8O Someone invented invisible airplanes :?: :!: 8O I only knew anti radar ones. :? What's its model and country. :?:
December 19, 2006 1:45:57 AM

We will call this a partial hijacking.

For my fellow Tool fans out there.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/atf34/P1010008.jp...

As for the original posting topic.

I am 29 years young and from the Kansas City, MO area. I have been coming to the Tom's site for about 6 years. I just started posting recently. My first PC was a Cyrix 686 P200. I bought it and moved to Aspen, CO with a buddy out of HS. I somehow fried my modem in it and the local tech shop wanted 200 to replace it. I decided to do it on my own and that is how i got into computers. I have mainly worked for large corporations for the past 8 years. Have done everything from installing networking cable to network admin. I'm a gamer at heart although I’m not currently involved with any PC games. Waiting for Vanguard. Gives me enough time to upgrade this POS PC i have. I don't do much posting here mainly because i feel like there are people that know much more than me, i enjoy the good reads though. Nice meeting you all!
December 19, 2006 1:54:55 AM

Before we totally get off topic thanks to ninja and robs again I just want to say that I feel so young after reading the thread... I'm only 17...
Which gives me time to reach computer Nirvana :twisted:
December 19, 2006 1:57:44 AM

It wasn't my fault... meanie *sobs*
December 19, 2006 2:23:39 AM

I'm Chris, I'm 17 years old and I live in St Louis Missouri (because you totally can't tell from the side). I enjoy shooting guns, lighting sh*t on fire, building and testing computers, playing games and helping people on tomshardware ( =P )
December 19, 2006 2:26:41 AM

Quote:
I enjoy shooting guns, lighting sh*t on fire, building and testing computers, playing games and helping people on tomshardware ( =P )

Here Here!!! I'll drink to all that.... if I could drink. :cry: 
December 19, 2006 2:33:49 AM

Quote:
I'm an anti-social misanthrope, depressed with life, but at least my PC listens to me as does my cat.
Quote:

I don't believe you have a cat. This is an impossibility, and I believe you added that to your profile to make us think that you had a soft sensitive side. :twisted:

As for me, I suffered from torential flooding, and my satelite link was temporarily shut down. The local pigmies almost took my head off, because they missed the last podcast from the Rush Limbaugh show. I had to improvise and create an alternate connection using a broken mirror and available sunlight. I'll have to post that hack on a forum one day. It's loosely related to fiber-optics technology. 8O
December 19, 2006 2:36:51 AM

Holy God in heaven what the hell is wrong with that man... he looks like his muscles will explode... 8O Yes, I'm trying to break the constant fighting.
December 19, 2006 2:43:40 AM

Quote:
I am a man who values his privacy, and is addicted to World of Warcraft.

Nope Nope. . . Can't be. I believe you are actually addicted to "the Sims", but want to come across as a tough guy. It's Okay, you can be a man and still play "the Sims"
December 19, 2006 2:44:56 AM

Being that muscular would hinder fighting ability and movement. Its best to be toned and practiced in my opinion.
December 19, 2006 2:52:48 AM

Now youre just being a fag.
December 19, 2006 2:54:42 AM

In the Amazon they have a special fighting style dedicated to people with huge muscles like that. It's call Bowlijuan. They ball up in a little ball of muscle and bowl over their oponents, squooshing them into little itty bitty little pieces. It is very effective. "If done right, no can defend."

Tragically. My pet tree frog (hops-a-lot) got in the way of one such attack and is nothing but a green spot on the side of a tree. :cry: 
December 19, 2006 3:01:13 AM

Quote:

This coming from the guy that knows nothing of the word "exercise"...
December 19, 2006 3:28:09 AM

Exactly, for even myself to consider you one, its kinda sad isnt it?
December 19, 2006 3:30:27 AM

Quote:

This coming from the guy that knows nothing of the word "exercise"...

And this is a problem why?

Side Note: I'm 21, just graduated with my undergrad in MIS and Accounting.... start work as an Auditor in 2 weeks

Yes.... I am that guy you freaking hate that comes in to complain about how you screwed up your books.... :wink:

Oh did I mention I will be Staff 1 and so I'll be hated on even more 8O
December 19, 2006 3:38:01 AM

You have not right to call anyone else a girly man pretty boy.
@SuperFly03
Every other person in DaClan does some form of exercise. Therefore, its a matter of logic that he should get off his lazy no good ass an work out.

So you're a tax bastard, eh?...
December 19, 2006 3:39:11 AM

And I wish I was 12 because being an adult sucks big time.
December 19, 2006 3:44:44 AM

Does it now? Well I guess it does with that little thing called taxes you have to deal with, or the fact that you notice your ever impending mortality, or the fact that you aren't as limber as you once were, or.... I'm not making this any better am I? :twisted:
December 19, 2006 3:48:30 AM

Quote:
Every other person in DaClan does some form of exercise. Therefore, its a matter of logic that he should get off his lazy no good ass an work out.

So you're a tax bastard, eh?...

Ah-Is exercise a requirement to be in DaClan? If so, does walking to the kitchen to get a snack count? lol.

No, I am not a tax bastard. There are basically 2 tracks to accounting out of college: 1) Tax (not me) 2)Auditing (me)

Anyone can get a degree in accounting (obviously), but only CPA's can do external public audit work. Tax gets waist deep in Title 21 and Corporate Tax, Auditors get up their eye balls in FASB/PCAOB/SEC regulations on accounting. I loathe everything that is tax..... if it fell off the face of the earth, I would be eternally grateful.
December 19, 2006 3:55:10 AM

You pass... for now.

That stuff would bore the hell outta me if I did that.
December 19, 2006 3:55:17 AM

Quote:
Does it now? Well I guess it does with that little thing called taxes you have to deal with, or the fact that you notice your ever impending mortality, or the fact that you aren't as limber as you once were, or.... I'm not making this any better am I? :twisted:

But I do like that I get to buy liquor now without having to show ID.
December 19, 2006 3:57:25 AM

But then I really don't have enough time to drink. If only my job didn't revolve around Windows I could get out of this chair.
December 19, 2006 3:59:18 AM

Quote:

.... Touche.
December 19, 2006 3:59:46 AM

Quote:

It is the little things in life that make it worthwhile, eh?

-Ninja

It is intricate boring work no doubt, no argument here. However, for some reason it is the innate sense of logic that underpins alot of accounting that I like. Don't worry 99% of the world hates accounting, which is why out of the 1000 students that take accounting every semester at my college.... 25 are going to graduate school to get the necessary education.

Side note: 90 hour work weeks are going to suck!
December 19, 2006 4:02:04 AM

Gah if I reply this is gonna go on forever, and I'm too lazy even for that.
December 19, 2006 4:07:32 AM

You have been reported to the moderators again.

I don't care how many posts you have made, I have absolutely no doubt the bulk of them are equally germane and relevant to the OP's question as your posts in this thread are.

You are nothing more than a troll.

Keep smiling while you can. You will eventually be banned.

If you were even one quarter as smart as you think you are, at least one of your posts would contain somnething informative and related to the topic of the thread as opposed to the invective, personal attacks using very foul language, and stupidity that ALL of your posts display. Somehow, anything constructive and germane is missing from your posts. Which also contain an amazing amouint of foul language and personal attacks. Why is that? Don't you have anything specific to add to the discussion?

Darwin Award, here we come! Full speed ahead, damn the torpeedos! I am amazed that you are still alive.
December 19, 2006 4:20:03 AM

Quote:

Holy God in heaven what the hell is wrong with that man... he looks like his muscles will explode... 8O Yes, I'm trying to break the constant fighting.

Looks cool to me :D 

That is the UGLIEST mannequin Ive ever seen. I dont know how much you paid for it, but I would return it for a refund immediatly.

If you want one a little more realistic, try here:
http://www.studiorox.com/display/display.html

At least the hair looks better
December 19, 2006 4:22:20 AM

I bet their penis is about the same on each.... 0 :wink:
December 19, 2006 4:45:15 AM

Agreed on the toned for fighting, but that guy is far from too muscular to be flexible. One of the smoothest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu guys I know has more mass than that guy.
December 19, 2006 5:16:48 AM

Im 22 years old. Have a Degree in Information Technology. I am currently working as a junior .Net Developer (Software Engineer).

I love technology and i've really learnt alot from all of you guys here on these forums. I enjoy reading and learning about PC Hardware. Im sort of a gadget freak aswell :) 
December 19, 2006 6:25:37 AM

Hello, I'm 47, Disabled Veteran, Medically Retired, Ocala Red-Neck that enjoys off-roading, hunting, fishing, May 14 of this year i was involved in a violent crash while riding my motorcycle when a careless driver ran me over and left me without the use of my legs..
2 hospitals, several operations, 15 fractures, collapsed lung, bruised spleen, broken back, a couple titanium plates, lots of morphine, 1/2 million dollars and 7 months later i am still healing but on the road to newfound mobility and a new life..
December 19, 2006 7:59:25 AM

Quote:
Hello, I'm 47, Disabled Veteran, Medically Retired, Ocala Red-Neck that enjoys off-roading, hunting, fishing, May 14 of this year i was involved in a violent crash while riding my motorcycle when a careless driver ran me over and left me without the use of my legs..
2 hospitals, several operations, 15 fractures, collapsed lung, bruised spleen, broken back, a couple titanium plates, lots of morphine, 1/2 million dollars and 7 months later i am still healing but on the road to newfound mobility and a new life..

good luck sir!

as for me, i'm 34 already..sux, im getting older.father of 2. aircraft mechanic by profession, a graphics designer by career.. im an apps user. i don't do do codes..wish i can already..well, life's a lifelong learning.

i love to tinker computers, find d problem.give solution/advice.modify.un official pc doctor in the office
and sideline computer works after office hours.

.read posts. educate myself.and starcraft..

and yeah..general public is frustrating.
December 19, 2006 9:49:18 AM

Well, in short, i'm 31 years old, I live in Macedonia (southern europe), I am an ATC ( Air Traffic Controller) instructor, married, no kids yet. Computers are one of my hobbies ( beside flying, reading and hiking). I started tinkering with the computers some 6-7 years ago. I also love playing games, mostly strategies.
December 19, 2006 10:09:23 AM

Hey, what you guys think of this..

While we're intro'ing ourselves, why dont we mention what we use our pc's for as well.
Would be cool to know what our reasons are for spending loads of cash on hardware.. Could be quite amusing :D 

I use my pc mainly as an entertainment system.
- GAMES (1st person shooters, RTS, etc)
- Loads of TV series
- Movies
- Music
- Sometimes, i'd do some overtime work on it (ahem)

My justification for spending all that cash:
My pc is my hobby, people spend money on their hobbies.. Its normal ok! (Saying that makes me feel soo much better... aaah)
December 19, 2006 11:07:56 AM

I'm a 17years old student from Romania. I don't know what's the equivalent in English, but at school we have some classes about programming (c++, mostly). I love my computer, my mountain-bike, reading classic books and writing articles on my Romanian blog.
I use my computer for Linux, bash scripting, security, web development (sometimes), testing various flawours of *nix systems and things similar to those. I also use my pc for movies and listening to rock music :D 
December 19, 2006 12:04:03 PM

well let's see

I am 56 going on what ever
main work is in Public Transit in the Minnesota, usa
parttime work is IT for the company I work for
do computer set up,, troubleshoot hardware, software and networking
Married w/o kids at home
started with computers long ago,,( coded on punch cards and waited
overnight to see if it worked)
help people with computers (home) at work and play
RPG ( the elder scrolls and gothic series are favorite ones)
of course build my own computers
love to code in machine code,, you have to know what's going
on in their ,, mostly custom recovery on disks that have gone
to " you know"
December 19, 2006 12:04:19 PM

I use my computer to design native dwellings in the Amazon rain forest using AutoCAD.

There is a bannana leaf and vine building material option that has not been widely used as of yet commercially.

The trick is to maximize available tree space in the rain forest canopy. You just can't build out horizontally anymore. :?

There is a special project that I'm working on. A network storage facility powered by a crank turned by water buffalo. The cabling has really turned out to be a problem. The monkeys keep swinging on them and disconnecting the contacts. Any solutions???
December 19, 2006 12:40:22 PM

I'm 24 with a daughter living in South West Michigan. I was a Marine Corps Network Engineer for 4 years and now am a Field Technician for Hewlett-Packard. I do some consulting on the side and totally agree that people do not follow directions when it comes to computers.

I started on a Packard Bell 486 DX2 50MHz and have been hooked ever since.
December 19, 2006 12:42:38 PM

Quote:
I use my computer to design native dwellings in the Amazon rain forest using AutoCAD.

There is a bannana leaf and vine building material option that has not been widely used as of yet commercially.

The trick is to maximize available tree space in the rain forest canopy. You just can't build out horizontally anymore. :?

There is a special project that I'm working on. A network storage facility powered by a crank turned by water buffalo. The cabling has really turned out to be a problem. The monkeys keep swinging on them and disconnecting the contacts. Any solutions???
Yes.....Lay down in front of the water-buffalo. :roll:
December 19, 2006 12:47:02 PM

Semper Fi.
December 19, 2006 1:16:36 PM

Thank you sir.
December 19, 2006 1:16:54 PM

In 1994, I used my income tax refund to buy my first "real" computer, a used no-name brand 486SX-33 computer. The goal was to play Doom, which I had seen a demo of and thought would be cool to play.
Got the system home, booted up, installed Doom, and it wouldn't run -- not enough RAM. Got some advice from a more knowledgeable friend, made a boot disk (remember those?) and was able to get Doom to run, albeit slowly.
Had to wait two more weeks for the next paycheck so I could afford to add more RAM to the computer. That took it above 8 mb.
I've been tinkering with computers ever since. At 39 I still prefer computer gaming to consoles. I'm still playing around with Oblivion, although in all honesty it has not been as much fun as I thought it would be ...
!