behind the user names, who are we? - page 7

532 answers Last reply
  1. Quote:
    I'm a 17years old student from Romania. I don't know what's the equivalent in English.

Best I can tell the last four years of a schooling level for primary and secondary are:

1st year: Freshmen
    2nd year: Sophomore
    3rd year: Junior
    Final year: Senior

Quote:
    The monkeys keep swinging on them and disconnecting the contacts. Any solutions???

Capture the monkeys and sell them the United States Citizens at a decent profit. Should help to pay for the downtime they've caused.
  2. Age22 Astrophysics student
    Own a computer shop in ABQ, and work for the Department of Energy as a computer tech (aka esc key pusher). Get to work with the CompTIA people, hence the name. Building computers for the last 14 years.
    ----------------------

interesting reads.

Also Maddog -> I have been asking around for you, though havent found anyone yet.
  3. Quote:

The monkeys keep swinging on them and disconnecting the contacts. Any solutions???

Capture the monkeys and sell them the United States Citizens at a decent profit. Should help to pay for the downtime they've caused.

Obviously you've never tried to catch monkeys. These aren't you average ordinary hormone fed monkeys you get in the U.S. These are free range monkeys, superior in intelligence and agility. They bite too and have GREAT big HUGE Teeeth!!! Lost one finger already in an attempt to solve my electrical problems.

Also, I never recommend laying down in front of Water Buffalos; they poop cannonball sized turds that tend to put a stop to daily mating rituals with the local Amazon women. 8)
  4. Quote:
    Obviously you've never tried to catch monkeys. These aren't you average ordinary hormone fed monkeys you get in the U.S. These are free range monkeys, superior in intelligence and agility. They bite too and have GREAT big HUGE Teeeth!!! Lost one finger already in an attempt to solve my electrical problems.

Also, I never recommend laying down in front of Water Buffalos; they poop cannonball sized turds that tend to put a stop to daily mating rituals with the local Amazon women. 8)

Can't be much harder then catching a chicken. Though I have heard stories about three monkeys ripping apart a guy. Don't know of many chickens that can do that.

But, how difficult is it to have some sharpshooter tranq all the monkeys around?
  5. Depends if the monkeys are wearing body armor or not.
  6. I thought this guy was talking about monkeys, not guerrillas.
  7. Quote:

Can't be much harder then catching a chicken. Though I have heard stories about three monkeys ripping apart a guy. Don't know of many chickens that can do that.

Good point!

Quote:
    But, how difficult is it to have some sharpshooter tranq all the monkeys around?

Unfortunately the local sharpshooters require flesh as payment for services rendered, so I will have to practice my blow dart skills. :evil: I'm kinda skinny and don't have much currency on me.

Until then I'm trying to stunn them with reflected light from a broken mirror. If the bad luck doesn't kill me, maybe I will have some success with that. 8O
  8. The primary use for my PC is Guild Wars, but I play a few other games, mostly either RPG or casual (e.g. "Bejeweled"). I'm a some-time writer, so I've got a few unpublished short stories and another in progress. I do my budget, figure my annual extortion refund, surf the web, send email, and all the usual stuff. Every now and then I find another use. Recently I've been resizing the pictures my fiancee likes to take, so she can email them.

Last notable use was setting up a webcam pointing out the window to catch the monkeys responsible for regularly vandalizing my mailbox. In this case, I caught them removing a package from it and destroying it (a new flashlight for my collection). The oldest was only about 12, so I let their father pay for it rather than take it to court, so there's no animosity in the neighborhood.
  9. I've got flesh to spare, but I'm not giving any of it away. Unless you're willing to pay for liposuction, then you'd probably have enough for those Buffalo Bill types down there.
  10. EWE.
  11. No, monkeys. Since when did sheep enter into the conversation?
  12. it is well known that monkeys pay ewes to kill people while sleeping.

1 of every 50 sheep your couting has been paid to murder you.
  13. You know, I've had trouble sleeping lately. Maybe that's what's causing all my nighttime troubles.
  14. Quote:
    You know, I've had trouble sleeping lately. Maybe that's what's causing all my nighttime troubles.
    Your sleeping has been Baaaaddddddddd? :wink:
  15. Quote:
    You know, I've had trouble sleeping lately. Maybe that's what's causing all my nighttime troubles.
    Your sleeping has been Baaaaddddddddd? :wink:

Yes, nightmares about drowning, waking up constantly being thirsty, getting water and feeling full from just a sip. It's aggravating...

Damn sheep.
  16. Hey Folks,

I'm 22 currently working on an internship in the IT field. I am currently in the middle of my Software Engineering & MBA program (6+yrs total). For those of you in Canada, you can probably already tell I go to McMaster University.

I must say, this board has been a great help with my little OCing adventures on my current rig and has taught me a lot.

Cheers!
  17. Move to the Amazon; no sheep here. They get eaten by the anacondas!!!! I can recall listing 'no sheep' on the pros side when determining rather I should move here.

Pros
    No cell phones
    Lots of hot women with no men
    No sheep!

Cons
    Large man eating snakes
    No indoor plumbing
    Large Water Buffalo Turds!!!

If only I had know abown those stupid monkeys, maybe I would have stayed or brought a rocket launcher. :roll:
  18. About the monkeys: work with them, not against them.
    1. Install armored cable. This will be less expensive than replacing it.
    2. Use slip rings for your connections. Weather sealed ones are reliable.
    3. Now you can use a gear and ratchet mechanism, powered by the swinging cables, to power a generator connected to your uninterruptable power supply. You have happy swinging monkeys and power! What more could you ask?

I work in a computer-managed traffic control center, doing database management and troubleshooting the communication network. Rainy days are busy; electrons tend to go astray when water offers additional paths.

My first computer was an Osborne 1 (I'm 54, by the way) with all of 64K of RAM. Eventually I bought a used Macintosh and stayed with those for years. When I realized that Cyan simply wasn't going to make a version of Uru for the Mac I bought a PC. It coexists nicely with my Macintoshi; I use the machine appropriate to the task at hand. The PC, because it's silent, has become my music server. One thing led to another and I'm now a part-time online disc jockey, using Shoutcast and a friend's server. Buy a new tool, change your life in unpredictable ways.

#1: Powermac G4, 2X 1GHz PowerPC, 2X 80GB hard disk, 1GB RAM
    Used for graphic design, photo editing

#2: Powerbook G4 17", 1.5GHz PPC, 60GB disk, 512K RAM
    Used for writing, Internet work, light image editing

#3: Zalman TNN500AF, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2X 120GB SATA and 1X 400GB IDE drives, 1GB RAM, X800 graphics, Soundblaster Gamer
    Used for games, occasional image editing (using the GIMP), music server (14.5K tracks, WMA Lossless)

In other times, I do sand sculpture, mountain biking, skateboarding, reading and various other things.
  19. Hmmmm. . .

I think you are really 12 years old and have a deep twisted love for monkeys, resulting from a recent zoo trip where they brainwashed you into thinking that monkeys are adorable lovable creature who don't bite your fingers off!!!!!

But thanks for the advice :)
  20. I saw Cannibal Holocaust. No chance in heck I'm going that far south.
  21. Hello,

I don't really post that much on here because I don't feel that I know that much :lol: However, I have been reading for forms for 4 years now and I do enjoy reading what other people have to say and I can say that I have learned quite of bit of information.

I am 22 years old working for the University of Phoenix as an enrollment counselor. I am working towards a degree in business finance which I have about a year to go. I have always loved computers, mostly the hardware aspect. I mostly use my computer for school work and gaming, currently playing BF2142. I used to be big in to mmorpg when UO (Ultima Online) was big, have not found a game to compare to it.

I do appreciate the support I get on this forum when I do have a question, seems that we have a very knowledgeable community who are always willing to help a person when they are in need! Thanks again to the people who have helped me :D
  22. Yes, Mr. Freud.
  23. Soooo.... Do you think a hapkido master would beat a Capoeria? *testing*
  24. Quote:

Well here in the UK a BLT is a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich, so I can only assume he eat a sandwich in Washington DC. :D

Everybody should know this:

BLT: Bachelors of Liberal Tarts
  25. Hi. I'm 72 (dog years) and currently fight crime as a Dog utlizing Kung Fu, specifically Wing Tsun. My favorite food is dog food and I sleep outside in a dog house. I like computers and gaming enough to post here. Ruff said... :mrgreen:
  26. Quote:
    Hi. I'm 72 (dog years) and currently fight crime as a Dog utlizing Kung Fu, specifically Wing Tsun. My favorite food is dog food and I sleep outside in a dog house. I like computers and gaming enough to post here. Ruff said... :mrgreen:
    I suppose you were disappointed when AMD chose to bypass the K9, and go straight to K10? :D
  27. Quote:
    Hi. I'm 72 (dog years) and currently fight crime as a Dog utlizing Kung Fu, specifically Wing Tsun. My favorite food is dog food and I sleep outside in a dog house. I like computers and gaming enough to post here. Ruff said... :mrgreen:
    I suppose you were disappointed when AMD chose to bypass the K9, and go straight to K10? :D

Wait, that must mean AMD is anti-dog. 8O I think I just found a reason to love AMD.
  28. Quote:

HAahahahaha Funny...

also, amd has this site up:

support.amd.com/no-animals-harmed-in-the-making\exceptdogs.xml
  29. Quote:
    Soooo.... Do you think a hapkido master would beat a Capoeria? *testing*

Hapkido wins. It has been refined over a longer period of time. Not my favorite form of self-defense, but it works. You know. . . when the monkeys attack. :wink:
  30. Quote:

How do you type?????

I have a pet turtle that struggles with typing, and I was wondering if you had the same issues. His claws hit too many keys at once. I'm thinking he needs one of those ergonomic keyboards. :?
  31. Quote:
    I saw Cannibal Holocaust. No chance in heck I'm going that far south.

Oooh. . . I forgot to add that movie to my cons list.

Cannibals really aren't half bad, you know. They only eat other people's flesh. . . . wait. . . Okay maybe they are bad.

But if you really think about it, they are just surviving by eating humans, which of course is socially unacceptable here, but in the Amazon is a social norm.

Isn't it all relative anyway. Your flesh, my flesh. . . what's the difference??? It's all flesh; right?
  32. Decapitation is a goal in life I wish to avoid.
  33. Quote:
    I saw Cannibal Holocaust. No chance in heck I'm going that far south.

Oooh. . . I forgot to add that movie to my cons list.

Cannibals really aren't half bad, you know. They only eat other people's flesh. . . . wait. . . Okay maybe they are bad.

But if you really think about it, they are just surviving by eating humans, which of course is socially unacceptable here, but in the Amazon is a social norm.

Isn't it all relative anyway. Your flesh, my flesh. . . what's the difference??? It's all flesh; right?I'm sure they're not as liberal in the use of sayings like...."Bite Me". :P
  34. Quote:

Hapkido wins. It has been refined over a longer period of time. Not my favorite form of self-defense, but it works. You know. . . when the monkeys attack. :wink:
    Really? So by your definition xiolin would beat hapkido..
  35. Quote:

Really? So by your definition xiolin would beat hapkido..Hapkido/Akido...very good. More defensive than offensive.
  36. My TKD master always told me the same thing as my maestro, never let pride (in yourself or the supposed superiority of your style) get in the way of your abilities. Its a lesson I hold dear. Approach each fighter from each style as an equal.
  37. I type with my tail, I dance with my feet, and love with my tounge. I am the all incredible deejay who taught Q-Bert how to scratch, Alicia Keys how to sing and taught Brad Pitt how to love. I don't hate, I participate. AMD Intel can go to hell. I buy what I like and like what I play. As for Hapkido, and Capo unless that Capo fighter can keep close combat away he will find his wrist ankle or any other joint in a lock. Wing Tsun baby all the way. "Chi Sao"
  38. Don't want to get involved in that conversation :wink:

Ninja, change your avatar back asap, I don't recognize you when I'm skimming the long threads. That is an order.
  39. I will stand toe to toe with any Hapkido or TKD or Capo style fighter, but my brazilian jiu jitsu is not refined enough to want to drop to the ground and have to defend my little joints with the first and the last type 8O
  40. See thats the thing. Everybody hears Capoeria and thinks "spins on his head". We don't use any of the acrobatics in a real fight. Just the flexibility that comes from those movements.
  41. Quote:
    Don't want to get involved in that conversation :wink:

Ninja, change your avatar back asap, I don't recognize you when I'm skimming the long threads. That is an order.

No. :x
    Deal with it.
  42. Quote:
    See thats the thing. Everybody hears Capoeria and thinks "spins on his head". We don't use any of the acrobatics in a real fight. Just the flexibility that comes from those movements.

I fear flexibility. Fairly flexible, but not outstanding myself, but when in full guard and all of a sudden I'm going "what the hell? where did that leg come from?" I know I may be in trouble.

I will learn to deal with the change... just because the angry smiley.
  43. Quote:
    See thats the thing. Everybody hears Capoeria and thinks "spins on his head". We don't use any of the acrobatics in a real fight. Just the flexibility that comes from those movements.

I fear flexibility. Fairly flexible, but not outstanding myself, but when in full guard and all of a sudden I'm going "what the hell? where did that leg come from?" I know I may be in trouble.

I will learn to deal with the change... just because the angry smiley.
    The you should fear me.... 6ft 4in 165lb and fully flexible.... :twisted:
  44. We'll see...6' 1" currently 240, usually 205 and bench almost twice your weight. :twisted: But again, who cares what I can bench when I'm crying for you to let go of my wrist or ankle :D
  45. "The you should fear me.... 6ft 4in 165lb and fully flexible.... :twisted:"

What is this a personal add? Yuk :oops: A "I can kick ass" would have sufficed LOL
  46. I chose to keep that to myself. But now that you mention it...

Why do I get the feeling Ninja doesn't give a sh*t what you and I think?
  47. Quote:
    We'll see...6' 1" currently 240, usually 205 and bench almost twice your weight. :twisted: But again, who cares what I can bench when I'm crying for you to let go of my wrist or ankle :D

I go for the knees. And the neck. And temple. I dart in twist under you avoid the grab and jab light but inn a vital spot. I may to punch hard, but I've got a 250lb kick. 8)
    Quote:

Yea, not to mention the new one is ugly as ****.
    Deal with it. You're the one that uses a Intrepid for an avatar...
  48. Quote:
    I chose to keep that to myself. But now that you mention it...

Why do I get the feeling Ninja doesn't give a sh*t what you and I think?

Cause I don't.
  49. Quote:
    We'll see...6' 1" currently 240, usually 205 and bench almost twice your weight. :twisted: But again, who cares what I can bench when I'm crying for you to let go of my wrist or ankle :D

I go for the knees. And the neck. And temple. I dart in twist under you avoid the grab and jab light but inn a vital spot. I may to punch hard, but I've got a 250lb kick. 8)
    Quote:

Deal with it. You're the one that uses a Intrepid for an avatar...No avatar change affected me more than when Action_Man changed from Steve Austin with an eye missing...to a Raptor. :(

-
  50. Quote:

Quote:

Deal with it. You're the one that uses a Intrepid for an avatar...

Well when I have my bigger than yours house with my better than yours cars next door to you, we shall meet for a fight of epic proportions! And sip some tea afterwards... The fight shall be complete with stop action animation and large KABLAAAMs and KERSPLATTs and SCHABOOOMs drawn on tag board and held up by your babes of the week in chronological order, like a ring girl with her "Round 2" sign.
  • First
  • 7 /11
  • Last
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs