Sign in with
Your question

behind the user names, who are we? - Page 8

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 19, 2006 9:07:24 PM

Quote:
We'll see...6' 1" currently 240, usually 205 and bench almost twice your weight. :twisted: But again, who cares what I can bench when I'm crying for you to let go of my wrist or ankle :D 

I go for the knees. And the neck. And temple. I dart in twist under you avoid the grab and jab light but inn a vital spot. I may to punch hard, but I've got a 250lb kick. 8)
Quote:
Ninja, change your avatar back asap, I don't recognize you when I'm skimming the long threads. That is an order.

Yea, not to mention the new one is ugly as ****.
Deal with it. You're the one that uses a Intrepid for an avatar...

Well when I have my bigger than yours house with my better than yours cars next door to you, we shall meet for a fight of epic proportions! And sip some tea afterwards... The fight shall be complete with stop action animation and large KABLAAAMs and KERSPLATTs and SCHABOOOMs drawn on tag board and held up by your babes of the week in chronological order, like a ring girl with her "Round 2" sign.
That I can live with.
December 19, 2006 9:14:52 PM

Quote:
See thats the thing. Everybody hears Capoeria and thinks "spins on his head". We don't use any of the acrobatics in a real fight. Just the flexibility that comes from those movements.

Who's "everybody", and what martial art doesn't provide flexibilty if practiced. I know what Capoeria is and still think that Hapkido is better.
December 19, 2006 9:46:02 PM

How is it better? How is one style better than the next?
Related resources
December 20, 2006 6:56:03 AM

I say we ignore Ninja until hes recognizable again.
December 20, 2006 11:09:51 AM

Damn!!! Finally I get to the end of this very disintegrating thread. Would've posted earlier but my sister is borrowing my wireless and we're working skeleton crew at work.

I'm Schalk and I'm 21. No need to say where I'm from. (look <-- way)

I studied IT for a year at The Belgium Campus. I didn't finish coz my heart wasn't into studies at that moment.

Have been into computers since I can remember (my mom, administrator at work, was a big influence).

I try to eat healthy since I'm not as active as when I was at school but still exercise when I can.

I love squash, cycling, shooting at the range, MONEY, computers (obviously), LADIES, cars and prolly one of the weirdest sports: Trampoline (I once came 10th at the word champs).

I love dogs and hate kats. That's why I didn't mind posting on DaSick's "worst pc built screwups" thread.

Gotta give thanx and props to the regulars for all the knowledge optained. Thanks to the others that added as well.
December 20, 2006 11:48:53 AM

I'm a 29 year old "network engineer" (that's my title but I really do desktop support to be perfectly honest) with a BAS in Technology Management as well as an MBA. I've also taught part-time at a local technical college. I'm divorced... no children (thank god!) and I run 10-20 miles / week. And lastly, I'm a libertarian.
December 20, 2006 1:33:37 PM

Quote:
I have only been registered on toms for a short while, however i had followed the forums for years, and i have always wondered who these people are? After awhile you kind of know how a certain personis gonna respond and who knows their stuff and who doesnt. Right off hand i know that baronmatrix and dasickninja are probably not gonna agree, so who are you guys and gals. Im 36 years old, a married father of two, i like working out, spending time with my kids, watching old movies, and on friday i get a beer and some chiops to watch my favorite show battlestar galactica. I work as a machinist and i also am a student trying to get my bachelors degree, I stress education and physical fitness to my kids. My passion is computers and i like to tinker with them ever opportunity i get . Thats me, who are you?

What a refreshing question!

I'm a 41 year old father of three, working as a tech support analyst and training for a bodybuilding competition. I play the drums and have played a few clubs around the city of Ottawa where I work and have lived for most of my life. If I had dedicated myself a little more to the craft when I was younger, I would probably be a full time musician today.

I am a huge Rush fan (no surprise there) and a big fan of the game of hockey. I am a proud Canadian but not the cliched sort - I don't say "eh?" after every sentence and I have never owned a snowmobile. I am proud of how Canada has conducted itself in the world, from its involvement in World War One right up to today. I am secretly pleased that many Americans who travel abroad pretend to be Canadians. That, to me, is a huge compliment! I like Americans very much, though I worry that it's going to take them a very long time to clean up the mess after "Dubya" leaves office.

I bought my first PC in '95 and have loved working with them since. I was fortunate to work for a stellar Help Desk team supporting Micron computers in the late 90's and that led to the career that I enjoy today. I love working with hardware and have built countless systems over the years.

There's much more, of course, but I won't bore you with the rest of it!
December 20, 2006 2:43:00 PM

ninja defeats street beggar, Gun defeats ninja....

So there you have it. 10 years of training in martial arts defeated by 10 minutes of gun use.

Also, strength is not what makes a great martial artist. If it did I would kick your asses.
December 20, 2006 2:53:33 PM

Quote:
Good review, hope you get to see a better show sometime! Sorry to threadjack, if only for a moment.

Transgression accepted. I've got a friend that, when asked what music he likes, says:

"Well, there's good music and bad music - and then there's Tool."

Your comments about atmosphere are everything to live music. I've been to over a thousand live shows from little geasy joints to huge outdoor stadium festivals and each can work depending on the band, the audience and the occasion. For example, I saw the Doors not long before the end in an old dark room and it was positively eerie. The End indeed.
December 20, 2006 2:56:58 PM

Quote:

So there you have it. 10 years of training in martial arts defeated by 10 minutes of gun use.

Actually, more like seconds of gun use.

Quote:
Also, strength is not what makes a great martial artist. If it did I would kick your asses.

That's a gross oversimplification. Strength can mean far more than just a bench press stat. I'll tell ya what it takes - it takes a clear mind. (David Lindley nasality implied)
December 20, 2006 3:24:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, more like seconds of gun use.

LOL thats what I was thinking. 10 min of gun use? wtf? I guess if your trying to mutilate the poor guy with bullet holes then sure. :lol: 10 Minutes using a pellet gun maybe. :p 
December 20, 2006 4:17:19 PM

Im 17 years old, and turning 18 in 7 days. I like music, movies, computers, most importantly sexy a$$ bitch3s, I also like cars, but not to the extent that I would wear a trashy nascar shirt. Im also canadian.
December 20, 2006 4:42:03 PM

hey mikey

well i am a cnc mill machinist(proto-type). i use g code daily. 49 yrs old worked in areospace(mcdonnel douglas, rocketdyne, boeing,etc). curenntly working the mm wave field. am divorced have 2 daughters, a real g/f(lol).
December 20, 2006 4:49:45 PM

Well here is the Rhino in a nutshell.
33 Year old Married father of 1 (19 months old and way too much fun)
Former Millitary (Canadian Armed Forces)
Been tinkering with computers since my Trash 80 TRS80
Worked for my school district as the computer tech while I was going to school. Grade 7 to 12
Love ski-ing which is why I'm back in BC, water sports
Love music (Aspiring DJ), dancing CS
Currently the V.P. Technology (IT/IS) for an online payment processing company.
December 20, 2006 4:57:57 PM

I read a good many of the post about who some people are on the forumz. well i guess they say a picture is worth a thousand words, well ill just show u guys a vid of what I do for fun its on youtube and heres the link to thevid

and just in case your wondering yes those are legal to own
December 20, 2006 5:23:34 PM

hew drew i live in noleta off old san marcos rd welcome
December 20, 2006 5:27:32 PM

Me: 33, MwcWM, 1 13m old boy, work in tech support @ a bank. Been into computers since my Dad used his employee discount to by one of the first IBM PCjrs. Ahh the days of playing Test Drive and F19 stealth Fighter in black, white, cyan and magenta. Started building my own systems and systems for friends back in the late 90's. Oddly enough although I work computers @ the bank, my undergrad is in biology and my Master's is in divinity (I'm actually looking to pastor a church.) I think I have only tried to help 2 people so far, as most of the time, others much more knowledge tend to beat me to the easy ones. Still a noob when it comes to overclocking, but I hope through y'alls help to get better at that soon.
December 20, 2006 7:14:01 PM

Quote:
10 Minutes using a pellet gun maybe. :p 

Know whats even funnier? This -

Quote:

Coming from someone who claims to be an Astrophysics Student :roll:

astro physics isn't the kind of physic's with speed and velocity of a bullet..its more tended towards celestrial bodies...but if you knew that then okay. sorry.
December 20, 2006 8:44:12 PM

Ah, smart man you are indeed.

*everyone nod's their heads in approval.*
December 20, 2006 9:00:54 PM

Yes and String Theory is the Theory of Strings and Rope! BTW, does Youtube have any Capo vs Hapkido?!
December 20, 2006 10:24:50 PM

Quote:
Yes and String Theory is the Theory of Strings and Rope! BTW, does Youtube have any Capo vs Hapkido?!

Actually...its about matter that is smaller than subatomic particles, such as protons neutrons.....
December 20, 2006 10:29:14 PM

I'm a 39 y/o pharmacist (I manage a retail pharmacy) and have been married for 7 1/2 years. I have a 4 y/o daughter that we adopted from Kazakhstan in the spring of 2003.

I love RPG's and my wife likes puzzle games.

I am a black belt in Chinese Kenpo and have been training in the martial arts for over 13 years.

Dont' know what else to say.
December 20, 2006 10:43:29 PM

I was being sarcastic but I guess that has been outlawed on this site :roll: I am familiar with String Theory, Super Strings, Branes, etc. Also enjoy the study of alternate dimensions and love to debate Philosophers and Scientists alike. $$ me first.
December 20, 2006 11:07:59 PM

I feel like this should be a AA Forumz.

Hello. . . I'm mark and I have a Mac. I know I know It's terrible, but I just couldn't help buying one. They are so cute!!!!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop with the true confession already. And no I don't own a Mac. That was sarcasm!

I actually have a computer distribution facility deep in the Amazon Jungle! I working on the one laptop per monkey project.
December 20, 2006 11:19:40 PM

Now this is an interesting post. Ok so here it goes..........

I'm a 40 year old social worker who loves building computers. It has become a real hobby for me. I am more into budget computers since I have a mortage and car payments etc.

My first gaming machine was coleco vision pong game. I have owned a vic-20 a commodore 64 and a Ti-994A. I didn't really get into building computers etc until 1998. I purchased a couple of old pentium computers from the local state surplus. It was a good learing experience. I mainly just played around with them using Windows 3.1 and win 95 then win 98.

Ever since then I have been hooked. My wife and I play a lot of City of Heroes/Villians. I join a group of friends once a month for a LAN party. I'm an avid reader of any kind of new concerning computers.

I don't have a technical background but am very good at trouble shooting and figuring out computer problems.

My main machine system specs is Athlon 64 3800+ 2 gigs of memory, 7950 GT, Asusrock Sata II board, Antec superlanboy case, coolmax power supply, 19 inch lcd. It is a fairly decent gaming system.
December 20, 2006 11:26:45 PM

Quote:

Does anyone else find it funny that everyone on the net is a 6ft+tall 300pound body builder :roll:

Two of three things in that sentence applies to me. Hint, it's not the last one. :lol: 
December 20, 2006 11:33:37 PM

Quote:
Good review, hope you get to see a better show sometime! Sorry to threadjack, if only for a moment.

Transgression accepted. I've got a friend that, when asked what music he likes, says:

"Well, there's good music and bad music - and then there's Tool."

Your comments about atmosphere are everything to live music. I've been to over a thousand live shows from little geasy joints to huge outdoor stadium festivals and each can work depending on the band, the audience and the occasion. For example, I saw the Doors not long before the end in an old dark room and it was positively eerie. The End indeed.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Green with envy :x :x :x :x :x and jealous.
December 20, 2006 11:42:55 PM

I see that this post has gone way beyond its original post.............

It seems to have entered the "Forum Zone!"
December 21, 2006 12:45:51 AM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic but I guess that has been outlawed on this site :roll: I am familiar with String Theory, Super Strings, Branes, etc. Also enjoy the study of alternate dimensions and love to debate Philosophers and Scientists alike. $$ me first.

lol mk.

OH yeah. this forum rocks. I think they should make a sticky..but they haven't yet.... :( 
December 21, 2006 2:22:26 PM

Hello
I was forced into early retirement after 25 years with IBM at 57 and I am now 61. Fortunately I was financially ready to take retirement but at a much lesser income that I planed on. The first couple of years I concentrated on finishing remodeling my house, which I finished in the fall of 2003. When I finished the house I was alone, I had been divorced for 16 years and my kids were all grown and live in the Twin Cities, while I live in northern Iowa. So I went shopping for a wife on line, which I don’t recommend unless you have a strong stomach, woman can not tell the truth about themselves or more accurately American women. In January of 2004 a young beautiful (10 years younger then me) Chinese woman sent me an email and we corresponded for about four months at which point I went to China to meat her and her family. From that point it took 17 months to get her and her daughter into the USA, which was November of 2005. Just prior to their arrival I made the fatal mistake of deciding to build a computer for my new daughter. I started with three machines, my main machine which I did most everything on accept gaming which I have a game machine for and a game server which my oldest son maintains in the TC’s. I say fatal because here it is a year later and I have five new machines, helped my oldest son build a new machine and with parts left over built three more machines one for my middle son, one for my youngest son and the last one I sold to my youngest son’s friend. It would take to long to explain what happen, I know because I have written a 6000 word story or time line of events describing what happen. I used Toms Hardware for research and that’s how I ended up here.
I will say I can not be more pleased with my game machines performance. I play Doom III, Doom III Resurrection of Evil, Quake 4, HL2, HL2 Episode 1, HL2 Lost Coast, Fear, Fear Extraction Point, Call of Duty 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Sin, Far Cry, and Dark Messiah all in 1920x1200 Maxed Out settings.
December 21, 2006 3:20:08 PM

Quote:
10 Minutes using a pellet gun maybe. :p 

Know whats even funnier? This -

Quote:

Coming from someone who claims to be an Astrophysics Student :roll:

astro physics isn't the kind of physic's with speed and velocity of a bullet..its more tended towards celestrial bodies...but if you knew that then okay. sorry.

Sorry, It meant to read, 10 years of training in martial arts, defeated by 10 minutes of gun training.

Wouldn’t make much since, shooting someone for 10 minutes, would it?
And I said was an astrophysics student, not a major.. But there is a great deal of physics involved. Astronomy in general is geared toward the heavens and not too much high level physics, but you still need much in order to do most of the calculations involved.

Note: Speed and velocity of a bullet (ignoring air resistance), uses near the same math as an orbiting body such as the moon, or a small object like the space station. Physics in astrophysics, is the same physics as... a regular physics. The application changes though.
December 21, 2006 3:39:23 PM

I GUESS IT would depend on the cycle rate of the weapon used. if it was a 2000 rpm mini-gun yes that might be over kill. but if it was a man portable rail gun and it took a few min for the cap to recharge.
December 21, 2006 3:42:14 PM

Well, it doesnt take 10 minutes to reload a bazuka, nor 10 minute to reload a muzzle loader rifle, unless you couldnt aim and had to do it 8 or 9 times.
December 21, 2006 4:09:21 PM

I am a 24 year old jaded and sarcastic IT worker. Interests include computers, rc cars & boats, playing music and watching movies.
December 21, 2006 4:14:43 PM

As a jaded person, what is your favorite movie?

BTW: remember, as an IT guy, to always use $LUSER at least once a day.
December 21, 2006 4:36:39 PM

OK , my name is Farhang ( a REAL persian name means Culture ).
i`m from a REAL old persian family.
i`m 20 years old.
i`m studing IE (Industrial Engineering) in a middle-east university (it will finish next year :D  )
i`m a big Iron Maiden Fan :twisted:
i`m a little fat! :tongue:
my life is hard. :( 
i`m a little alone.(no Girl/Boy friend witch means no friend at all)
i like Tomshardware site.
i`m proud to be a one of the THG forumz`s users.
...and i wish the best for you guys :D 
December 21, 2006 4:56:04 PM

Cool. Are you from the middle eastern area originaly, or just studing over there?

hay, everyone in THG is a friend, its required in the ULA when you sign up.
December 21, 2006 5:01:40 PM

Hah, good point.

How long would it take to kill a person using a pump action air rifle with standard weight copper BB's? I wouldnt want to guess, though I imagine the most effecient way would be to shoot them in the mouth, forcing them to swallow large quantites of copper (or lead BB's), giving them metal poisoning which would shut down the liver, and kill them over a period of days / weeks.
December 21, 2006 5:23:04 PM

oneshot if you hit the right spot.
December 21, 2006 5:28:49 PM

Quote:
i`m 20 years old.
i`m studing IE (Industrial Engineering) in a middle-east university (it will finish next year :D  )
>>>Huge Iron Maiden fan also....and i'm 41. :wink:
December 21, 2006 5:33:06 PM

Quote:
i`m 20 years old.
I dont think you grow out of Iron Maiden.... You might lose some hearing though.
December 21, 2006 5:33:31 PM

i was just saying that with a pellet/b.b. gun it would be possible
to get killed if hit in the right spot.
December 21, 2006 5:40:45 PM

such as in the temple... or maybe up the nose into the brain cavity....

why is this the primary conversation lol.

Hello, my name is Eric,
Yours?
December 21, 2006 5:41:29 PM

Quote:
i`m 20 years old.
I dont think you grow out of Iron Maiden.... You might lose some hearing though.QFT
December 21, 2006 5:46:14 PM

Quote:

Hello, my name is Eric,
Yours?

the eyesocket. the temple wont do it.
ive shot my brother in the temple, he is still alive.

names trae :lol: 
December 21, 2006 5:52:12 PM

Quote:

Hello, my name is Eric,
Yours?

the eyesocket. the temple wont do it.
ive shot my brother in the temple, he is still alive.

names trae :lol: With family like you, who needs enemies? :wink: :D 
December 21, 2006 6:58:57 PM

Quote:
I dont think you grow out of Iron Maiden.... You might lose some hearing though.

You might if you heard their latest album... :( 

But they were great in their day.
December 21, 2006 7:02:44 PM

Naw, I havent heard much. I stopped listening to hard rock back in middle school, but I still enjoy that era of music. Rush is a great band too.

Downloading some good bands that I have never heard of before, which some good sucess.... thanks bittorent.

--> Ladytron strange, and not rock n roll for sure.
!