behind the user names, who are we? - page 9

532 answers Last reply
  1. Quote:
    I dont think you grow out of Iron Maiden.... You might lose some hearing though.

You might if you heard their latest album... :(

But they were great in their day.That's true of most bands. Rush isn't what they used to be. BTW Rush is my absolute favorite band of all time. Got ~ 17 of their CD's. Neil Peart is the definition of
    "drummer". :wink:
  2. +1 to that.

Im glad that people who really love their music are still supporting them and buying their albums. Its unfortuant that most of the money never reaches them though.

Wouldnt it be nice if each band had a website where you could buy their albums directly, where they get their money that they earned.
  3. Quote:
    +1 to that.

Im glad that people who really love their music are still supporting them and buying their albums. Its unfortuant that most of the money never reaches them though.

Wouldnt it be nice if each band had a website where you could buy their albums directly, where they get their money that they earned.
    In Canada, a small amount of all blank CD/Cassette sales goes to the musicians...that's why Canada's copyright laws are more lax WRT downloading music. This is about to change in the near future, though.
  4. Wow blank cassettes... havent seen those in a while.
    And that is the same way here with any blank media labled Music.

Such as Music CD-Rs...
  5. There are a lot of older guys in here who like older games, but when im playing online, i can never find anyone to play freespace, starlancer, freelancer, or red faction, What gives?

btw, I never posted my spec, i have a socket am2 based x2-4200 with 2gb memory, asus m2ne 570m ultra motherboard, bfg 7600gt video card, 2x 250 gb hard drives, 2x dvd burners, in a thermaltake soprano xcase with blue led lights and a 600 watt psu. I also have a core duo laptop from dell, and a xp-m 2800 socket a system with 1gb memory, 6600 video card, 60gb hard drive in a raidmax scorpio case.
  6. you kidding me? I play freespace 1 and 2... best games that never were popular.... damn them for not making a 3rd.

And I played Red Faction for years. I just reinstalled it after upgrading to a cd2 and 8800, and the game doesn't run.

Whats your user name in RF? I might join you once I get it working.
  7. well i personally love office space. very funny and instead of $LUSER i just tell them there is an ID10T error at their keyboard causing the network slowdown.
  8. read

you have a "one D one zero T error"

If so, thats funny.
  9. Quote:
    read

you have a "one D one zero T error"

If so, thats funny.

I saw "I-D one zero T." But I think that might give it away easier then by going with the "one D" way.
  10. Quote:
    Wow blank cassettes... havent seen those in a while.
    And that is the same way here with any blank media labled Music.

Such as Music CD-Rs...

Whats a "cassette"?
  11. Cassettes are what were used back in the day to rip streaming music... Umm, yeah. :lol:
  12. Back in my day, we didn't even have music... :wink:
  13. Mi llama Cruz.
    Farmer.
    Spent most of the 60s and all of the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s sitting in front of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre speakers, in a haze.
    Now I garden, surf the net and cruise the blue highways.

My system:
    Core 2 Duo
    Duramax
    SiGARMS
  14. back in your day, they had core 2 duo's and the new 680i chipset. Dont lie.
  15. You're only 4 years older than me. Which dates you around the Pentium D, huh?
  16. Quote:
    back in your day, they had core 2 duo's and the new 680i chipset. Dont lie.

Hmmm. I would to agree with Ninja to some extent. I dont consider a lot of what on the charts today as music.
  17. Heck ya. We had pentium D's, and 1800+ amd processors.... Geforce 3, and ddr 233
  18. Quote:
    Mi llama Cruz.
    Farmer.
    Spent most of the 60s and all of the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s sitting in front of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre speakers, in a haze.
    Now I garden, surf the net and cruise the blue highways.

My system:
    Core 2 Duo
    Duramax
    SiGARMS

yeah records sound better than cd,s :lol:

sigarms huh. nice weapon
  19. Quote:
    back in your day, they had core 2 duo's and the new 680i chipset. Dont lie.

Hmmm. I would to agree with Ninja to some extent. I dont consider a lot of what on the charts today as music.
    Listen to Heaven by John Legend. Thats music.
  20. Quote:
    Back in my day, we didn't even have music... :wink:

Wait a minute, that would make you a protohuman. 8O

That explains everything.

So, did brontosaurus-burgers really taste like beef, or was my leg just being pulled?
  21. Kinda. It has a game-ish taste to it though.
  22. Someone has been playing too much Torok (sp) evolution.
  23. I never liked Turok. I was more a Majora's Mask player.
  24. Quote:
    I never liked Turok. I was more a Majora's Mask player.

DaSickNinja, you are my hero.

Ocarina of Time was better. Although, Majora's Mask was quite a competitor.
  25. 8O turok and goldeneye, on the n64 = 8)
  26. Quote:

Reading this an old arcade game title popped into my head that fits the moment: Caveman Ninja

27. Quote:

DaSickNinja, you are my hero.

Ocarina of Time was better. Although, Majora's Mask was quite a competitor.
    Two words.... Oni Link

28. Quote:

Reading this an old arcade game title popped into my head that fits the moment: Caveman Ninja

LOL. ninja say (me club you long time) :lol:
  29. Quote:

Time to execute horde tactic #32 - Deny everything....
  30. Quote:

Time to execute horde tactic #32 - Deny everything....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All Hail the Horde
  31. Quote:

LOL. ninja say (me club you long time) :lol:

hahahahahah Thats really funny.
    +1
  32. Quote:
    Cassettes are what were used back in the day to rip streaming music... Umm, yeah. :lol:

Nah, cassettes were those things that people would toss out the windows of their cars and this little ribbon would go blowing in the wind.
  33. I'm a 20 year old Sophomore English major at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. I am single, enjoy various nerdy pursuits, running and working out, movies, writing, reading and lots of the usual college guy stuff (i.e., booze and women). I am currently working on my first novel, which I hope to have mostly framed out by the end of Christmas break (Jan. 22nd).
  34. Quote:
    Cassettes are what were used back in the day to rip streaming music... Umm, yeah. :lol:

Nah, cassettes were those things that people would toss out the windows of their cars and this little ribbon would go blowing in the wind.

Ahhh, is that what those things were. I always wondered about that.
  35. Quote:

Ahhh, is that what those things were. I always wondered about that.They were this hi-tech recording media, that you would have to stick a pencil into it... and turn.. to take any slack out. :evil: Still beats 8-track.....those gave me nightmares. Click...next track...click...next track. :oops:
  36. Quote:
    I don`t think you grow out of Iron Maiden.... You might lose some hearing though.

yeah i know i`m not old enough ,but i spend lots of money to buy ALL of Iron Maiden`s Albums.i even bought the 2006 Album :D ( A Matter Of Life And Death ).they are Awesome!
  37. Quote:

Ahhh, is that what those things were. I always wondered about that.They were this hi-tech recording media, that you would have to stick a pencil into it... and turn.. to take any slack out. :evil: Still beats 8-track.....those gave me nightmares. Click...next track...click...next track. :oops:

:lol: :lol:

Howse about dis...anyone remember the CDs "competition"? DAT, the digital cassette. Wow, that one really took off.
  38. I've been looking for Gone in 60 Seconds on Laser Disc...anyone know where I can find one?
  39. Quote:

The key to 8-tracks was knowing how to sequence perfectly to just hear your favorites. Listen to 27 seconds of a dud, then upshift twice and BINGO, up pops your hot track. Totally lost on the mp3 gen.
  40. It is pretty confusing, you have to like move your mouse three meters left and up two rows and double, yeah double, click and then it plays a great song every time!
  41. Quote:

The key to 8-tracks was knowing how to sequence perfectly to just hear your favorites. Listen to 27 seconds of a dud, then upshift twice and BINGO, up pops your hot track. Totally lost on the mp3 gen.The worst part was when the track changed...midway through your favourite song. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :o And my dad rented an 8-track recorder....taped from a bunch of LP's, and basically D.J'ed my sisters wedding(1979)...on 8-track. I'm embarassing myself beyond belief. :x
  42. Back before there were cassettes, if you wanted to tape something, it was open reel. My first one used 3" reels and I taped music from a radio with the built in microphone. And the radio was a TRANSITOR one. That was really big stuff when they came out. It meant portability and that meant escaping from the "norm". AM only of course.

Computers? What was those? :) Some huge thing the size of a room that you feed paper cards into with lots of little punch holes in them. And they had these monster sized tape reels that couldn't make up their mind which direction they were going in. I knew someone in college who used to go to wherever they had their computer. He was smart, stunk, and had a hard time related to people. Kind of a proto or cro-geek if you know what I mean.
  43. In 1984. I was in college and made my 2 biggest digital leaps. I tossed out the turntable and bought a CD player ($400.00 for the most bottom line player). If you went into a record store, you saw.... records. There was one little stand with like maybe 15 CD titles. Prince's Purple Rain sounded awesome on the new technology.

The other major purchase I made was a new computer. I had the old TI99 home computer before, but (even then) it seemed like a toy. I picked myself up a brand spanking new Zenith Z-248 with Dual Floppy 5.25 inch drives. I got pretty good at swithcing out floppys every 5 seconds to compile Fortran programs.

Somehow - 22 years doesn't seem like that long ago to me.

Rob
  44. Quote:

Somehow - 22 years doesn't seem like that long ago to me.

Aaah, but the technology has drastically improved :)
  45. Quote:
    I've been looking for Gone in 60 Seconds on Laser Disc...anyone know where I can find one?

Ah. I got most my Laser Disk collect from Good Will. I believe the newest one I own is Star Trek First Contact.

Its funn to watch one of those movies with a new girl friend cause they are like WTFMAGODOSDFSDFSDF IS THAT?
  46. It's my birthday today, im left handed, and my real name is Jazz. Thats about it.
  47. age? Race? religion? kids no kids? Address? SSN? Drivers License Number?

There are plenty of more facts to answer...

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  48. Quote:
    It's my birthday today, im left handed, and my real name is Jazz. Thats about it.

DaClan wishes you a Happy Birthday. And stuff.
  49. Be carefull of DaSickNinja's "and stuff". I hear that has got people banned, and even worse.
  50. Trapperjohn says thanks. And stuff. Besides my PC im getting a case of beef jerky, my favorite food in the world.
  • First
  • 9 /11
  • Last
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs