8800GTX and driver issues on older games

Vader3

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
Got my 8800GTX, loaded it up with the latest 97.44 driver and set out to see how it would perform on NASCAR Racing 2003.

While the colors are deep and looks great, the world quality and detail is flat grainey and blurrey. I just can't do anything to correct it!

I though for sure with my new Samsung 244t 24 inch wide screen monitor that this combo would be a great match up but its not.

I'm thinking that this is a driver issue but i'm not sure?

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?, or have any ideas how to correct it?

Thanks

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
Got my 8800GTX, loaded it up with the latest 97.44 driver and set out to see how it would perform on NASCAR Racing 2003.

While the colors are deep and looks great, the world quality and detail is flat grainey and blurrey. I just can't do anything to correct it!

I though for sure with my new Samsung 244t 24 inch wide screen monitor that this combo would be a great match up but its not.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems?, or have any ideas how to correct it?

Thanks

there is nothing to correct .....lcd monitors are not (yet) game ready like crts are....images are blur in motion and color reproduction is very poor...

the best yet are pva panels or maybe ips panels ...but the later is very expensive...and still the response time is slow for all of them...

Vader3

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006

Thanks

there is nothing to correct .....lcd monitors are not (yet) game ready like crts are....images are blur in motion and color reproduction is very poor...

the best yet are pva panels or maybe ips panels ...but the later is very expensive...and still the response time is slow for all of them...

Oh yes there is, I run 2 computers on this Samsung, one has the 8800GTX and the other has a 7900GTX and there are no problems on the 7900GTX. In my mine this has to be driver related.