Highest quality image for Logitech Quickcam 4000

Hi,

Me and a couple of other AI student are participing in a robotic
contest. We have build a robot and will be using a Logitech QuickCam
4000 webcam for our vision (color/feature detection). Therefor we are
interested in obtaining the highest quality image possible (given the
lighting conditions). We are using the PWC driver
(http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/) for Linux.

I found this page (http://www.astrosurf.com/astrobond/ebrawe.htm) about
tweaking the EEPROM of the webcam in order to get the RAW image data
from the webcam. Has anybody any experience with this tweaking? Will
the webcam still work with the PWC driver? Will this tweaking effect the
maximum framerate?

Thanks in advance,
Dimitri

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:15:46 +0100, Dimitri <noemail@noemail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Me and a couple of other AI student are participing in a robotic
>contest. We have build a robot and will be using a Logitech QuickCam
>4000 webcam for our vision (color/feature detection). Therefor we are
>interested in obtaining the highest quality image possible (given the
>lighting conditions). We are using the PWC driver
>(http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/) for Linux.
>
>I found this page (http://www.astrosurf.com/astrobond/ebrawe.htm) about
>tweaking the EEPROM of the webcam in order to get the RAW image data
>from the webcam. Has anybody any experience with this tweaking? Will
>the webcam still work with the PWC driver? Will this tweaking effect the
>maximum framerate?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Dimitri

You may want to check the comp.robotics.misc news group. Lot of
readers there may have the info you need for optical recognition
and linux drivers.

TRENDING THREADS