Server Hanging

mc

I have a windows 2000 Advanced Server which is constantly freezing up on me.
I recently upgraded the server from a member server to a domain controller.
And that's when the problems began. I have since replaced literaly
everything inside the server, literally!! I started with new RAM, then went
to new hard drives, a new hard drive controller, a new power supply. I just
put in a brand new motherboard with a brand new CPU (intel P4 2.5ghz) newer
RAM to fit on the new board, a new video card a new video card, I'm
everything. The only things that are the same is the case, the floppy drive
and a tape backup drive, THAT'S IT!!. I am getting no dump files, no logs,
it's just flat out freezing. Could there be some bug in Windows? I actually
formatted the drives and started over from scratch!!! Used a different
Windows 2000 AS CD to do the install. It has service pack 4 on it and McAfee
AV 8.0i updated hourly. I ran and run frequently anti-spyware programs. The
server is attached to a APC battery backup unit. I'm lost, just besides my
self, I practically have placed a new server in the existing spot and getting
the same results. Is this maybe something with the electric or the UPS?
Please, any ideas, suggestions would be great, I'm lost!!!

mc

I finally got a memory dump, Iwas not there when it happened, but i do have
the file... how do I read the contents of that file?

"MC" wrote:

> I have a windows 2000 Advanced Server which is constantly freezing up on me.
> I recently upgraded the server from a member server to a domain controller.
> And that's when the problems began. I have since replaced literaly
> everything inside the server, literally!! I started with new RAM, then went
> to new hard drives, a new hard drive controller, a new power supply. I just
> put in a brand new motherboard with a brand new CPU (intel P4 2.5ghz) newer
> RAM to fit on the new board, a new video card a new video card, I'm
> everything. The only things that are the same is the case, the floppy drive
> and a tape backup drive, THAT'S IT!!. I am getting no dump files, no logs,
> it's just flat out freezing. Could there be some bug in Windows? I actually
> formatted the drives and started over from scratch!!! Used a different
> Windows 2000 AS CD to do the install. It has service pack 4 on it and McAfee
> AV 8.0i updated hourly. I ran and run frequently anti-spyware programs. The
> server is attached to a APC battery backup unit. I'm lost, just besides my
> self, I practically have placed a new server in the existing spot and getting
> the same results. Is this maybe something with the electric or the UPS?
> Please, any ideas, suggestions would be great, I'm lost!!!

TRENDING THREADS