mapisrvr.exe

When I run Norton system checkup I get this message under
program integrity scan "c:\windows\system32\mapisrvr32.exe
cannot access a necessary file gapi32.dll. When I did a
search for gapi.dll it's in C:\program files\common
files\system\mapi\1033\nt. Why can't it find it and where
should it be? thanks

I have no mapisrvr32.dll in the folder you say it is in. Here is a list of mapi*.* in that folder:

Volume in drive C is W2KADVSVR
Volume Serial Number is E458-15A4

Directory of C:\WINNT\system32

10/01/1998 12:00p 520,128 MAPI.DLL
12/07/1999 03:00p 131,072 mapi32.dll
10/01/1998 12:00p 40,208 MAPISRVR.EXE
12/07/1999 03:00p 131,072 mapistub.dll
12/28/2004 08:50p 535 mapisvc.inf
5 File(s) 823,015 bytes
0 Dir(s) 7,837,261,824 bytes free

Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2.

And as for the gapi32.dll for you it is where it should be.

I would look at the version in in Properties of your file mapisrvr32.dll and see who holds the copyright and its modification date.

--
George Hester