W2K Shutdown Problems

Sam

Occasionally on shutdown, while the "windows is shutting down" box is
displayed, I get one of 2 similar errors: "acs.exe" - Application Error -
says something about being unable to read a memory location, and
"dwrcs.exe" - same type of error message.

Click cancel or OK to debug, then the computer shuts down. Very frustrating.

I have a ThinkPad T42 with 1gb ram, I removed the 512mb expansion and the
same problem persists.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

I saw something about shutdown problems here:
http://www.911networks.com/win2000.htm
I hope it helps.

"Sam" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Occasionally on shutdown, while the "windows is shutting down" box is
> displayed, I get one of 2 similar errors: "acs.exe" - Application Error -
> says something about being unable to read a memory location, and
> "dwrcs.exe" - same type of error message.
>
> Click cancel or OK to debug, then the computer shuts down. Very
frustrating.

> I have a ThinkPad T42 with 1gb ram, I removed the 512mb expansion and the
> same problem persists.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sam