danediz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Okay i just hooked up my p5b motherboard and installed the drivers... the audio seems to get scratchy if i am playing a game and the graphics get pushed at all... for instance when i am playing world of warcraft the music im play will sound fine but when i get near something that drops my fps it will scratch up a bit... any solutions? plz help if you can

danediz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
bump

Okay i just hooked up my p5b motherboard and installed the drivers... the audio seems to get scratchy if i am playing a game and the graphics get pushed at all... for instance when i am playing world of warcraft the music im play will sound fine but when i get near something that drops my fps it will scratch up a bit... any solutions? plz help if you can

crualtortus

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
i have the ultimate solution. get a sound card. I have a P5B delux and the sound sucks. if you cant afford a nice one get an audigy 2, it has a very good quality sound to it and its cheap.

MacDuff

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006

Are you using the latest drivers? The earlier ones had a few issues.

danediz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
i installed the drivers off the cd it came with... and then downloaded the ones off the internet... it should have upgraded once i installed those right?

danediz

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
bump

i installed the drivers off the cd it came with... and then downloaded the ones off the internet... it should have upgraded once i installed those right?

MacDuff

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
bump

Sorry - on the other side of the world - it was night over here so I decided to get some sleep.

I assume that you downloaded from the ASUS site from the downloads for the p5B deluxe? If so, that should be right.

I've also got a P5B Deluxe board (no wifi). I can't say I have any sound problems, and I do push my machine (software development and Seti@Home). Still, I really only listen to music via Windows Media Player with some crappy head phones, so maybe it won't show up. I recall others on the forum having problems with the sound, and that later versions of the driver (and BIOS? I have some vague recollection about that) helped.