Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

scandisk can work because it needs exclusive access

Tags:
  • Safe Mode
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 12, 2005 7:16:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

I have tried in safe mode and it is the same answer - what to do??

More about : scandisk work exclusive access

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:56:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

If you get an error something to the effect "cannot open volume for direct
access" There is some system/boot start device that is reading/writing to
the drive before chkdsk can get a lock on the drive. Some anti-virus
applications do this.

You can also run
chkdsk /r
from the recovery console command line. (/r implies /f and /p)

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks.
Press ENTER at the "Setup Notification" screen. Press R to repair a Windows
2000 installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The
Recovery Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do
not have the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Once the password has been
validated, you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access
to the hard disk. You can only access the following folders on your
computer: %systemroot% and %windir%


--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bob" wrote:
|I have tried in safe mode and it is the same answer - what to do??
|
|
March 12, 2005 11:56:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

thanks alot for your reply, I haven't tried yet but since you know all about
this I thought I would be more specific to see if you can help me with my
original goal.

I was trying to degrag the c drive, and it runs to the end of tghe program
but does not defrag it, so the end result looks like the analysis, and it
reallllly need to be defragged. my outlook pst is in 36000 fragments. But
anyway, it doesn't seem to be able to defrag, someone suggested the chkdsk
first before defragging and thats when the access issue came up.

I got a 3rd party defragger and it can't get beyond 2 %, I have tried safe
mode, and turned off norton.

What to do??
Related resources
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 2:43:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

bob wrote:
> thanks alot for your reply, I haven't tried yet but since you know
> all about this I thought I would be more specific to see if you can
> help me with my original goal.
>
> I was trying to degrag the c drive, and it runs to the end of tghe
> program but does not defrag it, so the end result looks like the
> analysis, and it reallllly need to be defragged. my outlook pst is
> in 36000 fragments.

Compact your PST file in Outlook, also. Run it a couple of times.

> But anyway, it doesn't seem to be able to
> defrag, someone suggested the chkdsk first before defragging and
> thats when the access issue came up.
>
> I got a 3rd party defragger and it can't get beyond 2 %,

Which one?

> I have
> tried safe mode, and turned off norton.
>
> What to do??

Try Dave's suggestion.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:00:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Also check the drive 'used space' / 'drive capacity'. When you get above 80%
full there isn't much space for the defragmentation process to work with.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bob" wrote:
| thanks alot for your reply, I haven't tried yet but since you know all
about
| this I thought I would be more specific to see if you can help me with my
| original goal.
|
| I was trying to degrag the c drive, and it runs to the end of tghe program
| but does not defrag it, so the end result looks like the analysis, and it
| reallllly need to be defragged. my outlook pst is in 36000 fragments.
But
| anyway, it doesn't seem to be able to defrag, someone suggested the chkdsk
| first before defragging and thats when the access issue came up.
|
| I got a 3rd party defragger and it can't get beyond 2 %, I have tried
safe
| mode, and turned off norton.
|
| What to do??
|
|
March 14, 2005 12:00:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

hi, there is one other detail. when I do the analysis on the drive, it says
there is 30% free but it doesn't show up on the analysis bar- it is mostly
red and there is no white at all , not even one sliver
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:07:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

bob wrote:
> hi, there is one other detail. when I do the analysis on the drive,
> it says there is 30% free but it doesn't show up on the analysis bar-
> it is mostly red and there is no white at all , not even one sliver

Ouch.
Might want to get yourself a third party defrag utility like Diskkeeper or
something -
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:52:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

What cluster size? When you defrag is there any improvement? If so you may
need to run it multiple time.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"bob" wrote:
| hi, there is one other detail. when I do the analysis on the drive, it
says
| there is 30% free but it doesn't show up on the analysis bar- it is mostly
| red and there is no white at all , not even one sliver
|
|
!