Cross Partition Icon

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have an 80GB IDE drive with three primary FAT32 partitions. The first
partition has my normal W2K machine and I have a complete bootable copy in
the second partition as a backup. I booted to the backup partition and
installed Norton System Works to try it out thinking I could revert to my
first partition if it messed up. Well, the install worked fine but when I
booted to my normal first partition I could see the Norton System Works icon
on the desktop. I installed System Works with a logon which has
administrator privileges, could this be the reason why the logo appears on
my normal boot first partition even though I didn't boot and install from
that partition ?

Thanks

Norton has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. One very good reason to avoid her at all costs.
Now if your second Windows 2000 installation shares nothing with your original Windows 2000 in other words there is no dependence between them in any way then, this is not possible. So either you have some sharing going on that you are unaware of OR Norton decided you needed things this way. It may have scanned your system upon installation and decided it wanted to be where it had no right to go. That's Norton.

--
George Hester