2 internet connections, 1 network; how to share?

bigpoppa

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
i currently have a dsl connection over my main network. im plannin to get another one to reduce lag over my network. btw i share my internet through a router.

what kind of setup should i use?is this even possible?
will a double internet connection + 2 router connected to a hub work?

you gotta help me guys, keep it basic and simple please :D

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
You will need to get a router that has load ballancing between the 2 WAN connections. This would give you the best performance. If you are having speed problems, make sure it's not a restriction in the router, it common. Tom's has reviewed a few of them.

jjw

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
If you are trying to increase you connection speed for a single connection, then you will have trouble. (unless you are limited by your router or dsl modem) You would need channel bonding technology, but your ISP would have to support it. Channel bonding was supported occasionally with dial up modems.

If you are going to be making multiple connections, then the above suggestions are good.

telim

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
all you really need is two computers, one of them (the server) needs to have 2 NICs.

Then you can have the 1st NET connection coming into the server on a seperate NIC, and connect the server to your normal home network on the 2nd NIC of that server, but don't put a GATEWAY address in, so it can't use the normal home network's internet.

Then you can save files to the same place (the server) with both internet connections, and seed the same file onto 2 internet connections.

Easy and cheap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts