Hi and help,

Recently when I decided to download the most recent drivers for my hpdeskjet
920c printer for my WinXP. It failed to install twice - once using their
auto install process and then lastly when I downloaded the file and ran it
myself.

Not soon after asking around and doing some reading - and not finding much -
I drigressed to load an game that had neen on the system about a year ago
but removed.
Now in loading I get the same message.

In both cases, the following error message popped up - which confuses me -
it is the 2nd time I have encounter this issue when trying to load
upgrades/updates - any help is appreciated . Here is the message entitles
"16 bit Windows Subsystem":

"16 bit Windows Subsystem"
===========================

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

===========================

What should I do?

--

Thanks,
Jopkins

Beneath South Carolina skies and clouds
--------------------- ----------------------

hi

check this if it works.
'OPEN YOUR C:\WINDOWS\REPAIR\" if you find the AUTOEXEC.NT file there just
copy that file and paste at "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\" and then try to run the
application again. this could just work.

"Jopkins" <jhopkins4"no spam" wrote:

> Hi and help,
>
> Recently when I decided to download the most recent drivers for my hpdeskjet
> 920c printer for my WinXP. It failed to install twice - once using their
> auto install process and then lastly when I downloaded the file and ran it
> myself.
>
> Not soon after asking around and doing some reading - and not finding much -
> I drigressed to load an game that had neen on the system about a year ago
> but removed.
> Now in loading I get the same message.
>
> In both cases, the following error message popped up - which confuses me -
> it is the 2nd time I have encounter this issue when trying to load
> upgrades/updates - any help is appreciated . Here is the message entitles
> "16 bit Windows Subsystem":
>

> "16 bit Windows Subsystem"
> ===========================
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.
>
> ===========================
>
> What should I do?
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
> Jopkins
>

> Beneath South Carolina skies and clouds

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

--

Will Denny