I need to.. overwork my hardrives to heat them up

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
I installed some new fans to better move some of the heat away from my HD area and also to help move air to my exhaust faster.

I have never been able to get my HD's to go any higher than 31C, which isn't giving me any idea as to what the effects of the fans are. So far, my pre and post fan installation temps have been the same. Leaving them at idle, I see a 1C drop my two my hotter drives.

But I'd like to see what the effects are at high temps. Any program out there that'll heat up my HDs? I can't move files around too much because they're all pretty much full.

DeathWalking

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
You could certainly try running a continuous defrag on Diskeeper; it'll keep the disks spinning almost constantly. Set all the options so that it uses the maximum possible system resources, disable the "in use" detection, leave it on for a few hours. I'll be more than shocked if you don't some elevated temps.

may if ure @ 31 ..... i would not worry.....what did you use to test it... mine from fan to no fan is at least 7c if not 10

Without it my Seagate 320's run @ 40+ (at 45 as i write this :( i need to get a cooler for those....or just put them back in the bottom of the case....i figured i would lessen the heat in the bottom of the case.....but its not worth a 10c increase in temps....)

Just leave it on for a while and it will warm up....defragging will warm it up too

Hope this helps....but if you get 31....ure doing good....