E6600 OC 3.4 Liquid Cooling

I OC my E6600 to 3.4 Ghz and my idle temps reported by TAT are 47C
and load are ~65C
I have Liquid cooling the, 480mm of total radiator size.
Vcore is 1.375
are these temps fine or should i invest in better cpu block? currently i have thermaltake block that came with the Kandalf LCS case.

Also should I look at the core temps or CPU temps to see if i'm running to hot.
10 answers Last reply
More about e6600 liquid cooling
  1. What is your whole setup?
  2. I'm currently overclocking my e6600 to 3.5... My idle is 35 and my load 58... and that's with a less than exciting Coolermaster Hyper TX air cooler. Those are my core temps. I'm not sure about TAT, I haven't used it... but if it report values similar to the Intel Desktop Utils, they're usually a degree or two cooler than core.

I'm a noob to overclocking, but I'd really expect you to be getting better results than me with your water gear.
  3. maybe try to re-apply the heat sink block or w/e.
  4. yea I would expect better results from water, try re-seating it?

Best,

3Ball
  5. I'll try to reapply the cpu block when i set up my 7900GTX for liquid cooling. The cpu block has acrylic top and i'm woried that it might crack if i thighten it too much. Did that happen to anyone???
    Also im using PC ice as the liquid because i could not find fluid xp extreme in blue anywhere. Is PC Ice good or bad???

My whole setup is
    Kandalf LCS case
    C2D E6600 @ 3.4Ghz
    Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
    Evga 7900GTX
    Danger Dan 120mm radiator + 360mm radiator that comes with the case
    Ultra 600 watt power supply
    evga 680i motherboard
    1TB in raid 0
  6. I'll try to reapply the cpu block when i set up my 7900GTX for liquid cooling. The cpu block has acrylic top and i'm woried that it might crack if i thighten it too much. Did that happen to anyone???
    Also im using PC ice as the liquid because i could not find fluid xp extreme in blue anywhere. Is PC Ice good or bad???

My whole setup is
    Kandalf LCS case
    C2D E6600 @ 3.4Ghz
    Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 2GB
    Evga 7900GTX
    Danger Dan 120mm radiator + 360mm radiator that comes with the case
    Ultra 600 watt power supply
    evga 680i motherboard
    1TB in raid 0
  7. Which block are you using to cool the 7900GTX?? Could you provide a link to the DD rad too??
  8. What is going on here is that your pump doesnt have enough power to put thru all those components.
    4 120mm radiators is totally overkill for what youre using (or for any possible loop really), but considering 3 of those 4 rads are Thermalcrap they must be only adding restriction without much benefits for you.
    Those whole cards water blocks are very restrictive and dont provide much cooling, RAM doesnt even need to be watered, RAMsinks and good airflow take care of that.

Since you came asking for help for your overclock, that is what I'm going to improve 8)
    -Remove all of the TT rads, all three of them.
    -Remove the GPU waterblock, get ready to place the heatsink back on...
    -Place your two most powerful fans on the BIX radiator, in a push&pull configuration (that radiator scales up really well to increased airflow).

Now that we have eliminated practically all of the restriction from the loop but we are still able to manage the heat dump you will definetly see a considerable increase in CPU temperatures.
    I see this as the only solution for you without telling you to go out and buy new components, buy if anyone else has an idea I would like to hear it.
  9. 3.6ghz here

Scythe Infinity 5

50C on load
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Water Cooling Overclocking