'SOFT.EXE' FILE

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

WHERE CAN I FIND A FIX FOR THIS MISSING FILE IT IS NOT ON WINDOWS 2000 DISC
.. IM NOT A COMPUTER WIZARD IS THERE AND EASY FIX

Soft.exe is a virus. This is not part of windows and should not be on your
system. Make sure to update your AntiVirus and run a complete scan across
your environment.

More information:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/downloader.admincash.html

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

From: "." <. @discussions.microsoft.com>

| WHERE CAN I FIND A FIX FOR THIS MISSING FILE IT IS NOT ON WINDOWS 2000 DISC
| . IM NOT A COMPUTER WIZARD IS THERE AND EASY FIX

Looks like you have two problems. A broken "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard and malware !

Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)

start --> settings --> control panel --> internet options --> delete files

1) Download the following three items...

Trend Sysclean Package

Latest Trend signature files.

Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Create a directory.
On drive "C:\"
(e.g., "c:\New Folder")
or the desktop

Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory.
Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file.
For example; lpt494.zip

SYSCLEAN.COM.

2) Update Ad-aware with the latest definitions.
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode and shutdown as many applications as possible.
4) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Ad-aware, perform a Full Scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found.
(a few cycles may be needed)
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the
Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware

* * Please report back your results * *

--
Dave

a) This is probably a trojan (a virus). I don't think
you want it on your system. Have a look on Google.

b) Typing posts all in upper case is called "shouting"
in newsgroups and is considered bad etiquette.