WEBCAM/FIREWIRE QUESTION

Would firewire & the appropriate webcam have
advantages over my philips webcam that uses usb?
5 answers Last reply
More about webcam firewire question

    I should be more specific! Theoretically would firewire
    & an appropriate webcam give me better results for
    streaming video in a chat room than a conventional
    webcam & usb?

    In news:nljMd.5768$uc.4931@trnddc03,
    Radio Man <puns@verizon.net> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet
    where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    > I should be more specific! Theoretically would firewire
    > & an appropriate webcam give me better results for
    > streaming video in a chat room than a conventional
    > webcam & usb?
    >
    > "Radio Man" <puns@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Would firewire & the appropriate webcam have
    >> advantages over my philips webcam that uses usb?

    obviously it would as a usb webcam and a camcorder are no contest......

    you will always get a superior image or vieo from a camcorder as they are
    far far better quality than a webcam...

    regards slayer

    I'd be curious what your upload speeds are.
    Original USB: 12Mbits/s (1.5MBYTES/s)
    Hi-Speed USB: 480Mbits/s

    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 06:16:51 GMT, "Radio Man" <puns@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >I should be more specific! Theoretically would firewire
    >& an appropriate webcam give me better results for
    >streaming video in a chat room than a conventional
    >webcam & usb?

    You would need to specify what you consider "better results". You
    probably would get beter quality pix due to the better optics in
    most more expensive cams, and possibly better low light
    performance. Frame rates would probably be the same as the
    webcam, as this is usually limited by your available upload
    bandwidth.

    >"Radio Man" <puns@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Would firewire & the appropriate webcam have
    >> advantages over my philips webcam that uses usb?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    ThE SlAyEr wrote:

    > In news:nljMd.5768$uc.4931@trnddc03,
    > Radio Man <puns@verizon.net> the stupid moronic freak from an alien planet
    > where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    >> I should be more specific! Theoretically would firewire
    >> & an appropriate webcam give me better results for
    >> streaming video in a chat room than a conventional
    >> webcam & usb?
    >>
    >> "Radio Man" <puns@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> Would firewire & the appropriate webcam have
    >>> advantages over my philips webcam that uses usb?
    >
    > obviously it would as a usb webcam and a camcorder are no contest......
    >
    > you will always get a superior image or vieo from a camcorder as they are
    > far far better quality than a webcam...

    And this will remain the case after compression and decompression?

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Webcams Philips Firewire Peripherals