Setting up a network cam & router

Hi,
I have an Axis 205 network camera plugged in to a Draytek Vigor 2600
router (PC also plugged in to the router). I'm using an "IP utility"
from Axis which is supposed to detect the camera but it sees nothing,
I assume because the router isn't allowing it? Can anyone point me in
the right direction regarding setting up the router to allow traffic
from the camera so that I can see it from the PC? I suspect I need to
open a port but the manual gives no help with this. TIA.
--
Mark
3 answers Last reply

    Not familiar with your router but
    if your pc has a firewall, disable it until you figure rules out.

    "Mark Graves" <mark@SPAMTRAPukwealth.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have an Axis 205 network camera plugged in to a Draytek Vigor 2600
    > router (PC also plugged in to the router). I'm using an "IP utility"
    > from Axis which is supposed to detect the camera but it sees nothing,
    > I assume because the router isn't allowing it? Can anyone point me in
    > the right direction regarding setting up the router to allow traffic
    > from the camera so that I can see it from the PC? I suspect I need to
    > open a port but the manual gives no help with this. TIA.
    > --
    > Mark

    On this firewall/router problem

    I set up an open port in WinXP firewall (In advanced settings) and got sound
    through but no video. By turning the wall off it works just fine using WME.

    The Linksys router "Applications And Gaming" has matching port open so that
    shows as something like

    Web CAM 8888 8888 TCP 192.168.1.123 tick

    Much the same in WinXP firewall in Exceptions AND Advanced for your access
    connection.

    The IP address should be whatever the PC is. The router will have it's
    internet IP which set dynamically with dyndns.org or whoever.

    I'm getting there so I hope the above helps

    http://www.MettaWeb.com

    Have a look at www.portforward.com
    (link to your router is:
    http://www.portforward.com/draytek/vigor2600we-portforwarding.htm )