toolbar

I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but now
is gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under address
bar. Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about toolbar

    http://toolbar.google.com/
    peter
    "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but now is
    >gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under address bar.
    >Thanks

    Have you tried right clicking on a clear part of the toolbar and seeing what
    options you are given?.. you never know, the mystery toolbar could be
    lurking there just itching to be checked..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but now
    >is gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under address
    >bar. Thanks

    Right click on a vacant area of the main toolbar of internet explorer and
    check to see if the search bar is in the drop down list. If it is make sure
    you place a tick by it (just click on it) the search toolbar should then
    appear. I assume you mean the Msn search toolbar or maybe google?#

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but now
    >is gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under address
    >bar. Thanks

    Thanks for the reply's. I checked the tool bar, it has standard buttons,
    address bar, links. I don't see anything about search bar. Any other
    suggestions. Thanks

    "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Have you tried right clicking on a clear part of the toolbar and seeing
    > what options you are given?.. you never know, the mystery toolbar could be
    > lurking there just itching to be checked..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >

    > "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >>I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but now
    >>is gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under address
    >>bar. Thanks

    If you want a decent search bar, go to www.google.com and load theirs.. it
    can be customized for your country of origin to some degree..

    If you want a search bar that is invasive, spyware/adware is easy enough to
    find.. Smiley Central, Comet Cursors or anything like that will ensure that
    you get a 'search bar from hell'.. all you have to do is accept the sponsor
    stuff that comes with them, and you can have hours of fun looking for ways
    to remove them because your system has been reduced to a few kilos of
    electronic scrap..

    Stick with the Google bar, and don't be afraid to load the 'advanced' bar..
    I know that some will argue that point, but it is ok really..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    > Thanks for the reply's. I checked the tool bar, it has standard buttons,
    > address bar, links. I don't see anything about search bar. Any other
    > suggestions. Thanks
    >
    > "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> Have you tried right clicking on a clear part of the toolbar and seeing
    >> what options you are given?.. you never know, the mystery toolbar could
    >> be lurking there just itching to be checked..
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>

    >> "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >>>I had a search toolbar in Internet Explore that was kind of handy, but
    >>>now is gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back. It was right under
    >>>address bar. Thanks

    Thanks, I did that. It's still not what I wanted but it will work. I wanted
    a search bar up like the address bar. I can live with it the way it is.
    Thanks again.

    > If you want a decent search bar, go to www.google.com and load theirs.. it
    > can be customized for your country of origin to some degree..
    >
    > If you want a search bar that is invasive, spyware/adware is easy enough
    > to find.. Smiley Central, Comet Cursors or anything like that will ensure
    > that you get a 'search bar from hell'.. all you have to do is accept the
    > sponsor stuff that comes with them, and you can have hours of fun looking
    > for ways to remove them because your system has been reduced to a few
    > kilos of electronic scrap..
    >
    > Stick with the Google bar, and don't be afraid to load the 'advanced'
    > bar.. I know that some will argue that point, but it is ok really..
    >

    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >

    > "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for the reply's. I checked the tool bar, it has standard buttons,
    >> address bar, links. I don't see anything about search bar. Any other
    >> suggestions. Thanks
    >>
    >> "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> Have you tried right clicking on a clear part of the toolbar and seeing
    >>> what options you are given?.. you never know, the mystery toolbar could
    >>> be lurking there just itching to be checked..
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Hall
    >>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>>

    >>> "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message

    If you want it below the address bar such that it shows in elongated form,
    'unlock the toolbar' and use the little handle (the small vertical line
    spacer) to drag the Google Bar down onto its own line.. then relock the
    toolbar..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    "Rick & Deb" <sparky1957@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I did that. It's still not what I wanted but it will work. I
    > wanted a search bar up like the address bar. I can live with it the way it
    > is. Thanks again.
    >
    > "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> If you want a decent search bar, go to www.google.com and load theirs..
    >> it can be customized for your country of origin to some degree..
    >>
    >> If you want a search bar that is invasive, spyware/adware is easy enough
    >> to find.. Smiley Central, Comet Cursors or anything like that will ensure
    >> that you get a 'search bar from hell'.. all you have to do is accept the
    >> sponsor stuff that comes with them, and you can have hours of fun looking
    >> for ways to remove them because your system has been reduced to a few
    >> kilos of electronic scrap..
    >>
    >> Stick with the Google bar, and don't be afraid to load the 'advanced'
    >> bar.. I know that some will argue that point, but it is ok really..
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mike Hall
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >>

    >> "not to bright" <please@helpme.net> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for the reply's. I checked the tool bar, it has standard buttons,
    >>> address bar, links. I don't see anything about search bar. Any other
    >>> suggestions. Thanks
    >>>
    >>> "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Microsoft Internet Windows XP