Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Hi,

In like 2 weeks I'll get my new system... This is de configuration:
- Asus Striker Extreme
- Intel C2D E6600
- G-skill 2x1GB PC6400 RAM

I'm new to this overclocking thing and I could not find the right information on the net... So I was wondering if somebody can help me.... any information\website\guide will help me..

Here is the thing... people are telling me that the CPU and the Memory should be in linear mode to achieve maximum performance... the thing is... that my new CPU will be running @ 1066 FSB... and my memory @ 800Mhz.. So my memory will be automatically down-clocked to 533Mhz (am I right here?)

What do I have to do to get the two... running in linear mode? So that my memory's speed will be fully used (800mhz)... I think I have to overclock the FSB of the CPU to achieve that?

My cooling should be ok... I will have the newest Zalman 9700.. and my case also has a good airflow..

Plz help me...

Thanx!

Greetz, Wishjuh

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Get better ram if you want 1:1 FSB:DRAM ratio...

There are ram modules that run at 1066 or higher.

Well.. I allready have that RAM... was the first part I bought... so I have to do it with this kind of memory... and it's strange you tell me that... I did ask this a while ago here @ this forum... and everybody said that with the E6600.... I should buy the PC6400 CAS 4-4-4-12 RAM becoz that will be the best choice... multiple ppl said that to me then...

Wishjuh

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Read wusy's overclocking guide, then get back to us.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Core2Duo-Overclocking-Guide-v1-ftopict197995.html

Ok thx! I will do that. I hope to get the parts in 2 weeks.. so I'll get back here when I'm gonna try it...