Sign in with
Your question

How to delete a comment on a post

Last response: in Site Feedback
June 8, 2011 7:10:24 AM

Can you please guide me, how to delete my comment on a post?

More about : delete comment post

June 8, 2011 3:52:28 PM

Your comment or another comment of a different user on your thread??
June 8, 2011 11:33:13 PM

I mean the comment I made on another's post.. :) 
Related resources
June 8, 2011 11:45:22 PM

If you provide me the article title, I can go delete for you.
June 9, 2011 1:22:22 AM

If you select the full edit rather than the quick edit feature on that post there is a check box below the post that says "Delete this post", check that box submit the edit and voila no more post.
June 9, 2011 7:09:57 PM

I deleted it via hunters hint..
Thanks tecmo34 and hunter.. Appreciated :) 
April 12, 2012 10:51:15 PM

tecmo34 said:

Title of article is on the WVVA news Website: Moore arrested for driving provoked license. My name is Jacqueline Burroughs
April 13, 2012 12:31:19 AM

We can't delete comment on another website. You have to contact WVVA news to do that.
October 13, 2012 11:19:43 AM

ramcoza said:
Can you please guide me, how to delete my comment on a post?

October 14, 2012 12:14:04 PM

Use the Quick Edit button below the bottom right hand corner of your post (you won't see that button if it isn't your post) and make the change, then click the Submit Reply button. The Full Edit button hasn't worked for years and just refuses to show you the post.

Anonymous
March 5, 2013 10:14:36 AM

Hi hunter thanks 4 educating us,plz i have a request which is my wanna delete a comment on a post and he doesn't know how to.plz if u guide through my e-mail i shall be very thankful as i don't want any one else to find out.this is email ahmedali.199636@yahoo.com
thanks

April 4, 2013 6:37:14 AM

Ever since the forum update all I ever see under quick/full edit is the checkbox for email tracking. I no longer see a delete button at all. I take it this is not normal? I usee FF for my browser. Would adblock hide the delete post option? I've never had this problem in the past.

UPDATE: A "delete answer" button shows up after someone else makes a post after the post I want to delete. I don't even have to go into edit mode. Is this the new normal? It seems odd that you can't delete unless someone else posts to the topic after you.

2nd UPDATE:Now the delete button is gone again.

So, what's going on?

Also, let me know if I should make a new topic for this as i don't want to hijack a thread.
April 8, 2013 9:06:46 AM

Hey there. You, as regular user, should not be permitted to delete any answers or any threads.
Hope this clears things up.
April 8, 2013 12:17:31 PM

jpishgar said:
Hey there. You, as regular user, should not be permitted to delete any answers or any threads.
Hope this clears things up.

Are you replying to me? I've always been able to delete my own posts in the past. Sometimes I'll post an answer on the wrong topic. When this would happen, I would just delete my entry. I can no longer do this... at least consistently. Sometimes I'm given the option to delete and other times I'm not.
April 8, 2013 7:22:01 PM

Yup, replying to ya in that previous message. If you need to delete a thread of yours, you may need to ask a moderator to do so.
May 8, 2013 9:35:24 PM

tecmo34 said:

I have a comment that I would really like to delete if you wouldn't mind, would be great if you could. A reply would be greatly appreciated please and thank you :) 

May 8, 2013 11:27:23 PM

Guessing it was the one which you had edited it down to blank sheet, I've deleted it. Please post back if I got it wrong.
May 9, 2013 4:17:12 PM

Saga Lout said:
Guessing it was the one which you had edited it down to blank sheet, I've deleted it. Please post back if I got it wrong.

It said u deleted it and restored it, but I can still see it. What now?
May 9, 2013 11:05:52 PM

Probably my bad but it's gone this time. Sorry about that.
May 12, 2013 5:19:51 PM

Saga Lout said:
Probably my bad but it's gone this time. Sorry about that.

I found it in my tracked threads but my comments is no longer there. Thank you. But how do I unfollow that thread or any thread?
May 17, 2013 7:31:36 AM

On the thread itself, in the original post at the top, you can click "Unfollow", and you'll no longer receive updates for that thread.
!