2 DEATH MOTHERBOARD (?????)

yujufraju

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
probably this has neen posted before but, i can't find the answer, so here i go.
I have a INTEL D850GB Socket 423 mobo wih 1.5Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, that it was working well yesterday (as usual) and today it was working but without video.
1.- I replace the video card with a spare one, just for testing porpouses. NO RESPONSE
2.- Replace the 4 memory sticks with 2 128Mb and 2 RIMM. NO RESPONSE
3.- Replaced the mobo. NO RESPONSE

WHAT IN HEAVEN COULD IT GOES WRONG WITH IT?

AND also I have a MPGA478B mobo socket 478 with 1Gb RAM, Radeon X1800 GTO Video, with also the same situation
1.- Tested with a new 450W PS. NOTHING
2.- Other memory sticks. NOTHING
3.- Another CPU 2.6 GHz, 400, 256, 1.5V(the original is a 1.6GHz,400BUS, 256Cahche, 1.75V) NOTHING

THEY BOTH GOT ME, ANY HELP COULD INCREASE MY SELF-CONFIDENCE AGAIN AFTER SEVERAL YEARS DEALING WITH PC S

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I don't think its a good day to buy a lottery ticket... Have you tested your supply voltage? I would've thought this would have affected CRT more than LCD, but its still a common point for both systems.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I would check your MB mounting post and screws.

Think you have something shorting them out. Post in wrong place, screw shorting something to ground.

Or a bad PS as previous mentioned.

My 2 cents......

sailer

Splendid
Two die, or not two die, that is the question.

Seriously though, you may have a problem with the AC power out of the wall socket; either too high and burning out things, or too low and not giving enough power for the psu to power all the hardware. OK, its only a guess, but its what I can think of offhand that might explain two different computers with different configurations both going bad at the same time.

With all that's happened, I'd first take the computers in to a shop and have them tested. I had one go bad last year, and after spending a few fruitless days trying to find out what was wrong, a shop told me the problem and only charged a $35.00 fee. It turned out to be the second hard drive on mine had shorted and was taking down the whole system. Sometimes a second person can see an obvious problem that the first person is blind too.

After that, I might have an electrician check out the house wiring and make sure it is good. That depends a bit on what the shop found to be a problem. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.