cybernike

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
My E6400 is running at 3.2G; everything seems to be fine except one thing that I am concerned about.

I set my motherboard (DS3) to run the CPU at 1.325V (stock), but why CPU-Z says the cpu is using 1.264V when idle and 1.280 V under load? Is it normal? or is my power supply having problems?

Thanks.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
My E6400 is running at 3.2G; everything seems to be fine except one thing that I am concerned about.

I set my motherboard (DS3) to run the CPU at 1.325V (stock), but why CPU-Z says the cpu is using 1.264V when idle and 1.280 V under load? Is it normal? or is my power supply having problems?

Thanks.

CPU-Z does not read the same as the BIOS, but close to it.

If your PSU is not up to it, the v will not keep up under load :oops:

:?: What is the PSU Model and wattage?

:?: What MB do you have.

Some MB's have lousy voltage regulators :roll:

cybernike

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
My MB is DS3 and my power supply is a 500W by Ultra.

Easytune 5 displays the same voltage. The system seems to be stable and has passed the dual-Prime95 torture test.

Bache

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
My MB is DS3 and my power supply is a 500W by Ultra.

Easytune 5 displays the same voltage. The system seems to be stable and has passed the dual-Prime95 torture test.
Reboot the PC and check the Vcore in the BIOS and compare to what you have set it as in the Bios.

This voltage will be near enough to equivalent as the PC in idle with min programs operational.

CPU's will perform OK with the Vcore slightly down from default.

Your Board is the Gigabyte. They are generally known to have good voltage regulators.

My ASUS MB's windows monitoring tool - PC Probe II was just about exactly the same as the BIOS.

Try for fun another freeware monitoring tool and see what you get.

TRENDING THREADS