Ctrl-Alt_Delete.

Can Anyone Help!!!

For some strange reason my laptop no longer accepts my username and password.
I was trying to setup a network at home between my PC and laptop.
Not really sure waht I did, but now whenever I try to log on my laptop
through ctrl-alt-delete, I get the logon message, system could not log you on.
Is there any way to bypass this and start up my laptop.
8 answers Last reply
More about ctrl alt_delete

    "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can Anyone Help!!!
    >
    > For some strange reason my laptop no longer accepts my username and
    password.
    > I was trying to setup a network at home between my PC and laptop.
    > Not really sure waht I did, but now whenever I try to log on my laptop
    > through ctrl-alt-delete, I get the logon message, system could not log you
    on.
    > Is there any way to bypass this and start up my laptop.

    Log on under the "administrator" account, then reset the password
    of your own account.

    Sorry
    How do i do that?

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can Anyone Help!!!
    > >
    > > For some strange reason my laptop no longer accepts my username and
    > password.
    > > I was trying to setup a network at home between my PC and laptop.
    > > Not really sure waht I did, but now whenever I try to log on my laptop
    > > through ctrl-alt-delete, I get the logon message, system could not log you
    > on.
    > > Is there any way to bypass this and start up my laptop.
    >
    > Log on under the "administrator" account, then reset the password
    > of your own account.

    Sorry
    How do i do that?

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can Anyone Help!!!
    > >
    > > For some strange reason my laptop no longer accepts my username and
    > password.
    > > I was trying to setup a network at home between my PC and laptop.
    > > Not really sure waht I did, but now whenever I try to log on my laptop
    > > through ctrl-alt-delete, I get the logon message, system could not log you
    > on.
    > > Is there any way to bypass this and start up my laptop.
    >
    > Log on under the "administrator" account, then reset the password
    > of your own account.

    1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
    2. Enter Administrator as an account name
    3. Enter the password that you specified when you
    (or your supplier) first installed Windows 2000.

    > Sorry
    > How do i do that?
    >

    > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >

    > > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can Anyone Help!!!
    > > >
    > > > For some strange reason my laptop no longer accepts my username and
    > > password.
    > > > I was trying to setup a network at home between my PC and laptop.
    > > > Not really sure waht I did, but now whenever I try to log on my laptop
    > > > through ctrl-alt-delete, I get the logon message, system could not log
    you
    > > on.
    > > > Is there any way to bypass this and start up my laptop.
    > >
    > > Log on under the "administrator" account, then reset the password
    > > of your own account.

    Tried that and still no good.

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > 1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > 2. Enter Administrator as an account name
    > 3. Enter the password that you specified when you
    > (or your supplier) first installed Windows 2000.
    >

    > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry
    > > How do i do that?
    > >

    > > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    > >

    > > > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > > > password.
    > you
    > > > on.
    > > >
    > > > Log on under the "administrator" account, then reset the password
    > > > of your own account.

    You need to be a little more specific. "still no good"
    can mean anything and everything. To me it means
    nothing.

    > Tried that and still no good.
    >

    > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > 1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > > 2. Enter Administrator as an account name
    > > 3. Enter the password that you specified when you
    > > (or your supplier) first installed Windows 2000.
    > >

    > > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Sorry
    > > > How do i do that?

    > > you

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    It means that I still get the same error message.
    incorrect username and password.

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > You need to be a little more specific. "still no good"
    > can mean anything and everything. To me it means
    > nothing.
    >

    > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Tried that and still no good.
    > >

    > > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > > > 1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
    > > > 2. Enter Administrator as an account name
    > > > 3. Enter the password that you specified when you
    > > > (or your supplier) first installed Windows 2000.
    > > >

    > > > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > and
    > laptop
    > log
    > > > you

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    It seems that you are unaware of the basic security traits
    of Windows NT/2000/XP. This class of operating systems
    is "secure", meaning that only people with proper credentials
    can log on. In other words, everyone must have an account
    name and a password. What you see is not an "error
    message", as you call it. It is a message to inform you that
    the account name and password you entered are incorrect.
    They do not agree with any of the account names/passwords
    that are currently stored in the system.

    It is possible to arrange things under Win2000 so that the
    system logs you on automatically. This does NOT mean
    that there is no account name or password; it simply means
    that the system supplies these details automatically at
    logon time. It now appears that this automatic mechanism
    got disturbed on your PC. It also appears that you never
    took care to write down the details of the administrator's
    account, and to keep them in a safe place. It's like buying
    a new car and not keeping one or two sets of spare keys.

    I recommend strongly that you change your ways in
    order to protect yourself against similar mishaps. After
    resetting the administrator's account, make a note of
    its password. Create a second administrative account,
    with a password, and lock these details away in a place
    where you can easily find them.

    To reset the administrator's password, boot the machine
    with a disk from the link below. It's scary stuff but it
    works.
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    > It means that I still get the same error message.
    > incorrect username and password.
    >

    > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > You need to be a little more specific. "still no good"
    > > can mean anything and everything. To me it means
    > > nothing.
    > >

    > > "Baggio10" <Baggio10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Tried that and still no good.

    > > and