Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

Why don't the units engage the enemy? Sometimes they do not attack
even though they are getting attacked, they just stand there.

<ggroups2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Why don't the units engage the enemy? Sometimes they do not attack
> even though they are getting attacked, they just stand there.

You're the General, they do what you tell them to do. If you tell them to
just stand there they will, I've never had that problem myself.

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

><ggroups2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Why don't the units engage the enemy? Sometimes they do not attack
>> even though they are getting attacked, they just stand there.
>>

>You're the General, they do what you tell them to do. If you tell them to
>just stand there they will, I've never had that problem myself.

Can u not set them to defend?

You don't know about Elijah's giant rasta eyeballs with machine guns...

"StevenMcLennan" <stevenmclennan@aol.com> wrote in message
> ><ggroups2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> Why don't the units engage the enemy? Sometimes they do not attack
> >> even though they are getting attacked, they just stand there.
> >>

> >You're the General, they do what you tell them to do. If you tell them to
> >just stand there they will, I've never had that problem myself.
>

> Can u not set them to defend?

Yes, just select them and then click the Guard Area button, then select an
area and click again and they will attack any enemy unit that enters the
selected area

syntaxcs

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
I think people are missing the point here. In the options menu for the game, theres an option called "Retaliation". If you don't have this clicked, your units wont do anything if theyre being attacked.

Hope this is of help :)

ShortyNumber45

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Unlike previous C&C titles such as RA2, yuri's, tiberian etc. all units can definitely just automatically attack and defend when an opponent go near them, but on the Generals you must control them each time when an opponent attacks you.