The big question on new account deals

Last response: in Network Providers
December 4, 2004 4:42:50 AM

Where can you get the best deal on starting up new service with Cingular?
Since I'm new to this company I know only to look at the Cingular site. I
don't see any great deals on their website which should have promotions,
etc. The only deals I see are discounts on phones if you sign a two year
contract which is what nearly every company does anyway. Is there somewhere
else I should be looking for a good deal? Other than using Google are there
known sites or some friendly Cingular person that everyone turns to?

Thanks for the suggestions.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 4:42:51 AM

I got a good deal a couple of years ago with a1wireless.com
They still seem to have good deals

Bob K. wrote:
> Where can you get the best deal on starting up new service with Cingular?
> Since I'm new to this company I know only to look at the Cingular site. I
> don't see any great deals on their website which should have promotions,
> etc. The only deals I see are discounts on phones if you sign a two year
> contract which is what nearly every company does anyway. Is there somewhere
> else I should be looking for a good deal? Other than using Google are there
> known sites or some friendly Cingular person that everyone turns to?
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

December 4, 2004 5:32:55 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:42:50 GMT, "Bob K." <bob1030@hotmail.com> said
in alt.cellular.cingular:

>Where can you get the best deal on starting up new service with Cingular?
>Since I'm new to this company I know only to look at the Cingular site. I
>don't see any great deals on their website which should have promotions,
>etc. The only deals I see are discounts on phones if you sign a two year
>contract which is what nearly every company does anyway. Is there somewhere
>else I should be looking for a good deal? Other than using Google are there
>known sites or some friendly Cingular person that everyone turns to?

What are you looking for? A reduction in the monthly rate? More
minutes for the same price? No one can give you anything like that -
the carrier determines what the rates are, and everyone selling you
service on that carrier is selling you the same thing. The ONLY
differences are in equipment price. Some dealers want the volume, and
are willing to take a smaller profit on each sale. But the plans, the
rebates, etc., are all the same.

(Beware of these "$250 rebate after 6 months" deals. You overpay for
the phone, but get it back, and more, in the rebate. *IF* that
particular company is still there in 6 months. It may be the same
people in the same store, but the company is different, so you get no
rebate.)
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 10:34:30 AM

If you live in a major metropolitan area, Chinatown is the best place to get
really nice free (or deeply discounted) phones. Some of my friends got
great deals in Los Angeles, and New York City. Unfortunately, I've been
with Cingular for a long time, so I'm stuck with whatever upgrade they give
me.

"Bob K." <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p C8sd.709032$8_6.243963@attbi_s04...
> Where can you get the best deal on starting up new service with Cingular?
> Since I'm new to this company I know only to look at the Cingular site. I
> don't see any great deals on their website which should have promotions,
> etc. The only deals I see are discounts on phones if you sign a two year
> contract which is what nearly every company does anyway. Is there
> somewhere
> else I should be looking for a good deal? Other than using Google are
> there
> known sites or some friendly Cingular person that everyone turns to?
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.

December 4, 2004 2:54:57 PM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:34:06 -0600, J Haggerty
<jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:

>I got a good deal a couple of years ago with a1wireless.com
>They still seem to have good deals

Thanks to this post, I visited this site. Wonderful prices on phone.
Anyone else have experience with a1wireless? May try and give them a
call. Thanks.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 4:04:56 PM

In article <5a93r094dd0krvmrqb20ub1t8eudm6jb72@4ax.com>,
"<----- Which Way? ----->" <traxless@less.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:34:06 -0600, J Haggerty
> <jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >I got a good deal a couple of years ago with a1wireless.com
> >They still seem to have good deals
>
> Thanks to this post, I visited this site. Wonderful prices on phone.
> Anyone else have experience with a1wireless? May try and give them a
> call. Thanks.

Plus side, lower prices - i.e. v3 $399.99.

Minus side - Extra charges for early termination

Not obvious you can get the Cingular penalty free
phone swap within thirty days

More difficult to deal with at distance should you
have any problems.

I prefer to buy locally. Likely in most large cities an independant
dealer could match those prices, and then you just drive down the street
if you have a problem.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 7:20:08 PM

In <aMdsd.28488$zx1.13580@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Sat, 04 Dec 2004
07:34:30 GMT, "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:

>If you live in a major metropolitan area, Chinatown is the best place to get
>really nice free (or deeply discounted) phones. Some of my friends got
>great deals in Los Angeles, and New York City. Unfortunately, I've been
>with Cingular for a long time, so I'm stuck with whatever upgrade they give
>me.

You are of course free to buy your own "upgrade" from a non-Cingular source.

December 5, 2004 6:51:54 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:54:57 GMT, "<----- Which Way? ----->"
<traxless@less.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:34:06 -0600, J Haggerty
><jphagcanbereached@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I got a good deal a couple of years ago with a1wireless.com
>>They still seem to have good deals
>
>Thanks to this post, I visited this site. Wonderful prices on phone.
>Anyone else have experience with a1wireless? May try and give them a
>call. Thanks.

Not such wonderful deals. I won't advertise here, even though it's an
unmoderated group, but I sell the V400, the only Cingular phone they
show on their home page, for less than they do, with the same plan.
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 6:54:30 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:20:08 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <aMdsd.28488$zx1.13580@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com> on Sat, 04 Dec 2004
>07:34:30 GMT, "Richie" <mbc@pcbell.net> wrote:
>
>>If you live in a major metropolitan area, Chinatown is the best place to get
>>really nice free (or deeply discounted) phones. Some of my friends got
>>great deals in Los Angeles, and New York City. Unfortunately, I've been
>>with Cingular for a long time, so I'm stuck with whatever upgrade they give
>>me.
>
>You are of course free to buy your own "upgrade" from a non-Cingular source.

Or get a subsidized upgrade at a dealer willing to give you a good
deal. (Look around now, because Cingular is bound to come to their
senses sooner or later, and they're making it easy for dealers to give
great deals.)
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 1:48:50 PM

I would never order from A1wireless again.
Even though everything that is not really attributable to "A1 Wireless"
was great (phone is good, service from wireless provider is good...),
but so many people including me did not get promised rebates because
"something missing on your form and it is too late to resubmit " or
"you form came one day after your rebate period". That is why some
people are "all happy" but most are actually not. Don't count to be the
"lucky one" with them, you have a bigger chance to get frustrated.
!