Linksys WUSB11 Gaming Problems

Nos

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
I want to know why I receieve like a 2/4 second pause kinda of like lag in all games with the Linksys WUSB11 Card, I had the Microsoft MN-510 USB Adapted and that played games perfectly fine but it would disconnect itself out of the blue moon. My Linksys WUSB11 is hooked up to a MN-500 Microsoft Wirless Router has latest firmware and works fine, on my pc i have Wireless Zero Configuration thing off and SSID is disabled and im on Channel 11 i think, is there a way I can tweak the living crap out of my card or what can I do to stop this lag? I mean in games i get 20-40 Ping which is fine for me but the card itself is chopping up like lag, I dont know if its packet loss or what, any help is greatly appreciated.

- Si vis pacem, para bellum -

It would depend on your system specs.
USB can be processor intensive. So if your system is barely able to play the game, then you take 10% to 25% of your cpu cycles to process the USB TCPIP packets, it can seriously slow down gaming frame rates.

Also reception and signal strength are VERY CRITICAL. If you are dropping a lot of packets that have to be resent This can also slow things down considerably.

I aint signing nothing!!!