Light sensitivity problem with Logitec 4000 Pro

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 7, 2005 9:01:30 PM

I have a Logitec 4000 Pro on 24 hrs and at dawn if fails to adjust to
daylight properly. (image is bleached)
Note: It does not face the rising sun.
Any ideas or good practice to prevent the camera getting stuck like this

Thanks
February 9, 2005 8:01:01 PM

Although I'm not familiar with this particular model, it may have a
fixed iris that is designed for indoor use only.

If you point it outside, the overwhelming amount of light will cause
the CCD sensor to smear and produce a washed out hazy image (and will
eventually permanently tint the RGB filters on the sensor).

Nerdman
http://www.nerdman.com
16 Live Webcams Document Life of Nerd!
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:29:37 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "Mettá"
<metta-remove@this-metta.org.uk> wrote:

>I have a Logitec 4000 Pro on 24 hrs and at dawn if fails to adjust to
>daylight properly. (image is bleached)
>Note: It does not face the rising sun.
>Any ideas or good practice to prevent the camera getting stuck like this
>
>Thanks

Hi - I have had this camera on 24/7 (mostly) for well over a year and
have not noticed this problem. No suggestions though as I've done
nothing but have the camera connected; outdoors most of the year;
inside over winter (now).

"live" cam:
http://home.nycap.rr.com/willowpond/pondcam/
check the "last 60 min" page around sunrise and see how this camera
responds to dawn:
http://home.nycap.rr.com/willowpond/pondcam/last01hour....
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 12:33:50 PM

celeste: what software are you running??
!