Light sensitivity problem with Logitec 4000 Pro

I have a Logitec 4000 Pro on 24 hrs and at dawn if fails to adjust to
daylight properly. (image is bleached)
Note: It does not face the rising sun.
Any ideas or good practice to prevent the camera getting stuck like this

Thanks
More about light sensitivity problem logitec 4000

    Although I'm not familiar with this particular model, it may have a
    fixed iris that is designed for indoor use only.

    If you point it outside, the overwhelming amount of light will cause
    the CCD sensor to smear and produce a washed out hazy image (and will
    eventually permanently tint the RGB filters on the sensor).

    Nerdman
    http://www.nerdman.com
    16 Live Webcams Document Life of Nerd!

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "Mettá"
    <metta-remove@this-metta.org.uk> wrote:

    >I have a Logitec 4000 Pro on 24 hrs and at dawn if fails to adjust to
    >daylight properly. (image is bleached)
    >Note: It does not face the rising sun.
    >Any ideas or good practice to prevent the camera getting stuck like this
    >
    >Thanks

    Hi - I have had this camera on 24/7 (mostly) for well over a year and
    have not noticed this problem. No suggestions though as I've done
    nothing but have the camera connected; outdoors most of the year;
    inside over winter (now).

    "live" cam:
    http://home.nycap.rr.com/willowpond/pondcam/
    check the "last 60 min" page around sunrise and see how this camera
    responds to dawn:
    http://home.nycap.rr.com/willowpond/pondcam/last01hour.htm

    celeste: what software are you running??

Webcams Light Cameras Peripherals