bad winlogon.exeWindows 2000 Professional

I recently deleted some windows updates and possibly something called
revelent knowledge from my add/remove programs. Now my computer won't log on
anymore. It starts up but as soon as it goes to logon I hear a click in more
compter and then it goes to a blue screen that has a small box in the corner
that reads something to the effect-winlogon.exe isn't working now creating a
folder. Then my computer automatically restarts only to come to the same
conclusion that the winlogon.exe doesn't work. How can I fix this? I have
performed all of the F8 functions and they all stop and say that winlogon.exe
is creating a folder and then the computer restarts again! Please help me
logon again. Thanks!

"ruedog94" <ruedog94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently deleted some windows updates and possibly something called
> revelent knowledge from my add/remove programs. Now my computer won't log
on
> anymore. It starts up but as soon as it goes to logon I hear a click in
more
> compter and then it goes to a blue screen that has a small box in the
corner
> that reads something to the effect-winlogon.exe isn't working now creating
> folder. Then my computer automatically restarts only to come to the same
> conclusion that the winlogon.exe doesn't work. How can I fix this? I
have
> performed all of the F8 functions and they all stop and say that
winlogon.exe
> is creating a folder and then the computer restarts again! Please help me
> logon again. Thanks!

Your best bet is probably to boot the machine with your
Win2000CD and to allow the system to repair itself. You
will then have to re-apply Service Pack 4.