System Information-processor and processor speed

Hello,

Is there a way from within Windows2000 to find the processor (i.e. Pentium
III, Pentium 4), and the processor speed? I already tried Control
Panel>System
and
Start>Programs>Accessories>Administrative Tools>System Information

They both give me x86 Family 6 Model 8 etc. On most systems I've used
before, as the system is starting up, before Windows starts, you can hit F2
or F10 to enter setup to view this information, but this particular system
does not appear to give this option. Any insight into this problem would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dv

There is also the "Del" key for getting to the BIOS

DV wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way from within Windows2000 to find the processor (i.e. Pentium
> III, Pentium 4), and the processor speed? I already tried Control
> Panel>System
> and
> Start>Programs>Accessories>Administrative Tools>System Information
>
> They both give me x86 Family 6 Model 8 etc. On most systems I've used
> before, as the system is starting up, before Windows starts, you can hit F2
> or F10 to enter setup to view this information, but this particular system
> does not appear to give this option. Any insight into this problem would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dv

Intel provides a Processor Identification Utility for their processors.
You can download it here (watch out for a line break in the URL):
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?strState=LIVE&Pro
ductID=49&DwnldID=3084

It doesn't give you much more information, other than processor speed, than
you've already got.

Google for "wcpuid", download and install it. It provides comprehensive
information about your processor and chipset.

Otherwise, you can:
Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Computer
Management
Expand "System Information" and click on "System Summary" to get the
processor speed.
The Processor Family, Model and Stepping info can be gotten from the
Intel/AMD website.