Incoperating XP SP2 onto the original disc

Edward

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I want to integrate SP2 and SP1 onto the original WinXP CD so that I only
need to insert one disc and reboot once when setting up new machine. I
cannot find the KB article to do that. Does anyone have any idea how that
can be done? Please point me to the right KB if there is any.

Thanks

Regards
---
ED

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

SP2 has all the updates including SP1 up to the day of releasing SP2.

Slipstreaming
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

--
William

the simple way http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Edward" <hsmmsc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to integrate SP2 and SP1 onto the original WinXP CD so that I only
>need to insert one disc and reboot once when setting up new machine. I
>cannot find the KB article to do that. Does anyone have any idea how that
>can be done? Please point me to the right KB if there is any.
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> ---
> ED

Edward

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks you all, esp to William. You have given me the answer I need.

Regards

---
Ed

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> SP2 has all the updates including SP1 up to the day of releasing SP2.
>
> Slipstreaming
> http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html
>
> --
> William
>

> "Edward" <hsmmsc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I want to integrate SP2 and SP1 onto the original WinXP CD so that I only
>>need to insert one disc and reboot once when setting up new machine. I
>>cannot find the KB article to do that. Does anyone have any idea how that
>>can be done? Please point me to the right KB if there is any.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>> ---
>> ED

The OP wants to slipstream a service pack into their existing Windows XP CD
not just make a backup.

--
Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell\User]

"Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
> Harry Ohrn wrote:
>> the simple way http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm
>>

> Excuse my ignorance, but won't backup cover you here, except for
> booting from the CD.

Darrell

Harry,

Can you use the SP2 CD to slipstream into the original Windows XP CD with
the link you provided? Or do you have to download the SP2 file?

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> The OP wants to slipstream a service pack into their existing Windows XP CD
> not just make a backup.
>
> --
> Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell\User]
>

> "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
> > Harry Ohrn wrote:
> >> the simple way http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm
> >>

> > Excuse my ignorance, but won't backup cover you here, except for
> > booting from the CD.

Yes. Just point to the file called XPSP2.exe that is in the root of the CD
or copy the file to the HD first if you only have one CD-Rom device.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Darrell" <Darrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Harry,
>
> Can you use the SP2 CD to slipstream into the original Windows XP CD with
> the link you provided? Or do you have to download the SP2 file?
>
> "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
>
>> The OP wants to slipstream a service pack into their existing Windows XP
>> CD
>> not just make a backup.
>>
>> --
>> Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell\User]
>>

>> "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
>> >>

>> > Excuse my ignorance, but won't backup cover you here, except for
>> > booting from the CD.

Darrell

Thanks Harry.

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Yes. Just point to the file called XPSP2.exe that is in the root of the CD
> or copy the file to the HD first if you only have one CD-Rom device.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Darrell" <Darrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Harry,
> >
> > Can you use the SP2 CD to slipstream into the original Windows XP CD with
> > the link you provided? Or do you have to download the SP2 file?
> >
> > "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
> >
> >> The OP wants to slipstream a service pack into their existing Windows XP
> >> CD
> >> not just make a backup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell\User]
> >>

> >> "Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message

You're welcome Darrell. BTW it likely is a bit faster to copy the XPSP2.exe
file to your HD even if you have 2 CD-Rom devices.