Need Help Quick!

I'm wondering if i can use the same license key for installing a Windows 2000
SP3 edition? I lost the serial for that edition but i've got a serial for a
Windows 2000 edition without SP'S.. So i'm wondering if i can use my old
serial to the new windows ? :) Please respond!

Maybe, if both are retail versions. If OEM probably not. The only way you
can tell is by trying it.

"Crowe" <Crowe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm wondering if i can use the same license key for installing a Windows
> 2000
> SP3 edition? I lost the serial for that edition but i've got a serial for
> Windows 2000 edition without SP'S.. So i'm wondering if i can use my old
> serial to the new windows ? :) Please respond!

Uhm, maybe.

There're different keys for Retail/OEM/NFR/Academic/Coporate versions. If
your key matches your CD version, then it might work. No way to tell other
than to go ahead and try it. It'll either work ... or it won't.