Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pocket word file transfer problem

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
March 19, 2005 5:59:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

When I try to transfer over a 3 Meg Word file to my HP 1910, using Pocket
PC Version 3.0.11171 (build 11178) the conversion program say to large. I
now break the file into three pieces, which is a pain in the ass. My
question to you experts is, do the new HP's with the new processors, and
newest versions of Microsoft Mobile PC
fix this problem? This also happens with big Excel files.If you guys don't
know, is there a web site that would have file transfer size information?
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 6:09:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:17X_d.152285$Th1.124060@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| When I try to transfer over a 3 Meg Word file to my HP 1910, using
Pocket
| PC Version 3.0.11171 (build 11178) the conversion program say to
large. I
| now break the file into three pieces, which is a pain in the ass. My
| question to you experts is, do the new HP's with the new processors,
and
| newest versions of Microsoft Mobile PC
| fix this problem? This also happens with big Excel files.If you guys
don't
| know, is there a web site that would have file transfer size
information?
|
|

If it is a program limit why not try other programs?
For example Softmaker have two programs that may overcome your problem,
why not try them? You can get a months trial before registering.
Planmaker and Textmaker.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 7:15:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:59:09 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> When I try to transfer over a 3 Meg Word file to my HP 1910, using Pocket
>PC Version 3.0.11171 (build 11178) the conversion program say to large. I
>now break the file into three pieces, which is a pain in the ass. My
>question to you experts is, do the new HP's with the new processors, and
>newest versions of Microsoft Mobile PC
>fix this problem? This also happens with big Excel files.If you guys don't
>know, is there a web site that would have file transfer size information?
>

Are you doing this via ActiveSync? What version?

---
Mark A.
Related resources
March 19, 2005 8:23:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Mark A." <-mark@-spamstopshere.com-> wrote in message
news:kvjo31pm6u87mdr09f7qevjc9b17glj1e4@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:59:09 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>

> Are you doing this via ActiveSync? What version?
ActiveSync Version 3.5 (build 12007)
>
> ---
> Mark A.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 8:53:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:23:03 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>
>
>> Are you doing this via ActiveSync? What version?
> ActiveSync Version 3.5 (build 12007)
>

It seems likely that this is a limitation of the conversion programs
in activesync. I don't know if these limits increased with more recent
versions of activesync. An exact error message would help, but I would
recommend posting your question in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.

Good luck.

---
Makr A.
March 19, 2005 9:11:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Mark A." <-mark@-spamstopshere.com-> wrote in message
news:bopo31p2gdk9tvb825d6m4j5ogakt5pkh6@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:23:03 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>> Are you doing this via ActiveSync? What version?
>> ActiveSync Version 3.5 (build 12007)
>>
>
> It seems likely that this is a limitation of the conversion programs
> in activesync. I don't know if these limits increased with more recent
> versions of activesync. An exact error message would help, but I would
> recommend posting your question in
> microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.
Thank you Mark. I will try that group. I just downlaoded the current version
of ActiveSyn, and the problem is still there. It says the file is truncated
to just over 8000 lines, and then ActiveSync transfers just part of the
document.
>
> Good luck.
>
> ---
> Makr A.
March 19, 2005 9:17:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Mark A." <-mark@-spamstopshere.com-> wrote in message
news:bopo31p2gdk9tvb825d6m4j5ogakt5pkh6@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:23:03 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>

> microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.
Wouldn't you know it. At&t worldnet newsgroups don't carry that group.
>
> Good luck.
>
> ---
> Makr A.
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 9:34:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:11:52 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>Thank you Mark. I will try that group. I just downlaoded the current version
>of ActiveSyn, and the problem is still there. It says the file is truncated
>to just over 8000 lines, and then ActiveSync transfers just part of the
>document.

Maybe you could try transferring the file without conversion?

---
Mark A.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:27:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Mark A." <-mark@-spamstopshere.com-> wrote in message
news:n9so31lohf7dhe4ne30p2ohlal4iui54cv@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:11:52 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Thank you Mark. I will try that group. I just downlaoded the current
>>version
>>of ActiveSyn, and the problem is still there. It says the file is
>>truncated
>>to just over 8000 lines, and then ActiveSync transfers just part of the
>>document.
>
> Maybe you could try transferring the file without conversion?

Or get a zip program for the ppc and zip it, then transfer it, if Marks idea
of not converting doesn't work.

Or maybe try rtf instead of word format?

Good luck.


>
> ---
> Mark A.
>
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:43:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Reply to message from "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net> (Sat, 19 Mar 2005
13:17:55) about "Re: Pocket word file transfer problem":


D> "Mark A." <-mark@-spamstopshere. com-> wrote in message news:
D> bopo31p2gdk9tvb825d6m4j5ogakt5pkh
D> 6@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:23:03 GMT, "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net>

>> microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync.
D> Wouldn't you know it. At&t worldnet newsgroups don't carry that group.

Just subscribe then using Microsoft's news server at msnews.microsoft.com.
That's what I do.

>> Good luck.

>> ---
>> Makr A.





--

===
Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:13:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I would recommend turning of the Active Sync conversion and then trying to
transfer the files.

In general it would always be recommended to split a file of 3 MB size and
then view it on a PPC. PPCs are devices with limited program memory
available and hence its generally very tough to open files of such large
size in one go.

Thanks
Nitish Khadiya

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



"DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:17X_d.152285$Th1.124060@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> When I try to transfer over a 3 Meg Word file to my HP 1910, using
> Pocket PC Version 3.0.11171 (build 11178) the conversion program say to
> large. I now break the file into three pieces, which is a pain in the ass.
> My question to you experts is, do the new HP's with the new processors,
> and newest versions of Microsoft Mobile PC
> fix this problem? This also happens with big Excel files.If you guys don't
> know, is there a web site that would have file transfer size information?
>
March 21, 2005 7:13:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Nitish Khadiya[MSFT]" <nitishk@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:%23vshPLgLFHA.2468@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I would recommend turning of the Active Sync conversion and then trying to
>transfer the files.
>
> In general it would always be recommended to split a file of 3 MB size and
> then view it on a PPC. PPCs are devices with limited program memory
> available and hence its generally very tough to open files of such large
> size in one go.
>
> Thanks
> Nitish Khadiya
Thanks
I went to a Best Buy with my 1910, and a memory stick with the whole 3MEG
file on it. I tried to open the file on the fastest and most current HP IPAQ
and it still wouldn't open, so it must be a memory problem like you say. I
guess I'll just have to wait for Pocket PC's to Improve even more.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
>
>
>
> "DRO" <DRO5621@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> news:17X_d.152285$Th1.124060@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> When I try to transfer over a 3 Meg Word file to my HP 1910, using
>> Pocket PC Version 3.0.11171 (build 11178) the conversion program say to
>> large. I now break the file into three pieces, which is a pain in the
>> ass. My question to you experts is, do the new HP's with the new
>> processors, and newest versions of Microsoft Mobile PC
>> fix this problem? This also happens with big Excel files.If you guys
>> don't know, is there a web site that would have file transfer size
>> information?
>>
>
>
!