Sign in with
Your question

step by step to bridge buffalo products

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 27, 2006 7:44:19 PM

i seem to be a complete idiot. i cant seem to figure out how to bridge my two buffalo products together. I have the buffalo airstation turbo g high power next to my cable modem and want to bridge it to a wbr2-g54s since reception in my house is not that great. The manual doesnt seem to be of much help.

D

More about : step step bridge buffalo products

June 2, 2006 10:26:27 PM

Are they both the wbr2-g54s? Or is the one your modem is attached to a different model? If it is could you post that model too, then I can look at the manual online to see where the box is (if you can). The easiest way to bridge with buffalo stuff is to get the WLA2-G54C repeater/bridge. Then you can just hit the AOSS button on it and the ap and they will bridge, it actually works :) 
June 3, 2006 12:28:28 AM

i have this connected to my cable modem

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?...

and downstairs i have wbr2-g54s

i wish they made the highpower 125 version of the repeater/bridge

my understanding is that their highpower products are stronger than their nimo and pre-n as well as i think those dont bridge

thanks for the help
June 8, 2006 3:21:06 PM

I took a look at the PDF manuals for both of those accesspoints and there is actually a WDS bridging guide for your WHR-HP-G54. I'd follow page 1,2, and 3 in this manual: WDS Guide
Page 38 and 39 in this manual show the bridge config for the WBR2-G54S: WBR2-G54S Manual
Just enable the bridge and add the mac address of the partner station (the WHR-HP-G54).
!