Cant play movies on internet

Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg and .wmv movies on the
internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save it? All I want to the
movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??
3 answers Last reply
More about cant play movies internet

    "jeffs" <jeffs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg and .wmv movies on the
    >internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save it? All I want to the
    >movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??

    Try to start the movie by right-clicking the link.

    --
    (tm)

    Open WMP and use the file menu to "open" the URL. Also make
    sure that MPG and other media files are associated with
    Windows Media Player.

    If you want to download and save, then use the right click
    menu.

    "Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
    | "jeffs" <jeffs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    |
    | >Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg
    and .wmv movies on the
    | >internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save
    it? All I want to the
    | >movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??
    |
    | Try to start the movie by right-clicking the link.
    |
    | --
    | (tm)

    None of the sugestions help. All I want to do is to click on a movie clip
    while on the internet and it plays. However, when I do that now all it wants
    to do is save the clip to my harddrive?

Movies Microsoft Internet Windows XP