  • Microsoft
  • Internet
  • Windows XP
January 13, 2005 11:45:05 PM

Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg and .wmv movies on the
internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save it? All I want to the
movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??

More about : play movies internet

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 1:39:48 PM

"jeffs" <jeffs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg and .wmv movies on the
>internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save it? All I want to the
>movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??

Try to start the movie by right-clicking the link.

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Open WMP and use the file menu to "open" the URL. Also make
sure that MPG and other media files are associated with
Windows Media Player.

If you want to download and save, then use the right click
menu.

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
| "jeffs" <jeffs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|
| >Just got a new computer, having problems playing .mpeg
and .wmv movies on the
| >internet. Everytime I click on a movie it wants to save
it? All I want to the
| >movie to run. Is there a setting that I am missing??
|
| Try to start the movie by right-clicking the link.
|
| --
| (tm)
January 14, 2005 8:51:02 PM

None of the sugestions help. All I want to do is to click on a movie clip
while on the internet and it plays. However, when I do that now all it wants
to do is save the clip to my harddrive?
!