Add-Remove Programs not displaying correctly

Something is wrong with my Add-Remove Programs control panel item. When I
click on it I receive a line on top which says "There are no programs
installed in this computer", a large blank space after it followed finally
by the list of programs installed on my computer when I scrolled the display
down. Even within the list of programs displayed the Change and Remove
buttons are always grayed out.

I suspect some bogus registry entry is causing this problem. Does anybody
know what might be causing it ? Does anybody know what the registry key is
that controls the Add-Remove Program list ?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:37:22 -0500, "Edward Diener"
<eddielee_no_spam_here@tropicsoft.com> wrote:
>I suspect some bogus registry entry is causing this problem. Does anybody
>know what might be causing it ? Does anybody know what the registry key is
>that controls the Add-Remove Program list ?

Try here (a good site to bookmark)
http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Run System File Checker (Sfc.exe) to fix system files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;222471

"Edward Diener" wrote:

> Something is wrong with my Add-Remove Programs control panel item. When I
> click on it I receive a line on top which says "There are no programs
> installed in this computer", a large blank space after it followed finally
> by the list of programs installed on my computer when I scrolled the display
> down. Even within the list of programs displayed the Change and Remove
> buttons are always grayed out.
>
> I suspect some bogus registry entry is causing this problem. Does anybody
> know what might be causing it ? Does anybody know what the registry key is
> that controls the Add-Remove Program list ?

Thanks ! That actually fixed the problem. I wonder how things went wrong ? I
certainly did not mess with any system files myself. I am glad it is fixed.