Save As settings will not hold

Whever I need to right click something, a picture for instance, and
pick the save choice, the window that comes up is always configured as
"List" on the View Menu . I want "Detail" as the default, which is
exactly what I've chosen for my default folder configuration. I
change it to "Details" and the next time, it's right back to "List"

This is too annoying not to have a solution.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about save settings hold

    When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must have a
    third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you recall what the
    app is?
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    cuz202 <r274@mail.com> wrote:

    >Whever I need to right click something, a picture for instance, and
    >pick the save choice, the window that comes up is always configured as
    >"List" on the View Menu . I want "Detail" as the default,

    This is not possible. These dialog boxes are not customizeable.

    --
    (tm)

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:03:57 -0600, "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca>
    wrote:

    >When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must have a
    >third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you recall what the
    >app is?

    Harry,

    Using Internet Explorer, right click on any link and one choice is
    "Save target as". The dialogue box that comes up defaults (in View
    Menu) to "List". I can change it to "Details", but the next time the
    dialogue window is invoked, it's right back to "List". For people
    with large numbers of folders and/or files in the left side choices
    (Desktop, My Documents, etc), "List" is not a good choice.

    Thanks

    > On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:03:57 -0600, "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must
    >> have a third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you
    >> recall what the app is?
    >
    > Harry,
    >
    > Using Internet Explorer, right click on any link and one choice is
    > "Save target as". The dialogue box that comes up defaults (in View
    > Menu) to "List". I can change it to "Details", but the next time the
    > dialogue window is invoked, it's right back to "List". For people
    > with large numbers of folders and/or files in the left side choices
    > (Desktop, My Documents, etc), "List" is not a good choice.
    >
    > Thanks

    That cannot be changed.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Default Configuration Microsoft Windows XP