Whever I need to right click something, a picture for instance, and
pick the save choice, the window that comes up is always configured as
"List" on the View Menu . I want "Detail" as the default, which is
exactly what I've chosen for my default folder configuration. I
change it to "Details" and the next time, it's right back to "List"

This is too annoying not to have a solution.

Thanks

When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must have a
third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you recall what the
app is?
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

cuz202 <r274@mail.com> wrote:

>Whever I need to right click something, a picture for instance, and
>pick the save choice, the window that comes up is always configured as
>"List" on the View Menu . I want "Detail" as the default,

This is not possible. These dialog boxes are not customizeable.

--
(tm)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:03:57 -0600, "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca>
wrote:

>When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must have a
>third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you recall what the
>app is?

Harry,

Using Internet Explorer, right click on any link and one choice is
"Save target as". The dialogue box that comes up defaults (in View
Menu) to "List". I can change it to "Details", but the next time the
dialogue window is invoked, it's right back to "List". For people
with large numbers of folders and/or files in the left side choices
(Desktop, My Documents, etc), "List" is not a good choice.

Thanks

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:03:57 -0600, "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> When I right click a file I do not see a "Save" choice. You must
>> have a third party app installed that gives you this option. Do you
>> recall what the app is?
>
> Harry,
>
> Using Internet Explorer, right click on any link and one choice is
> "Save target as". The dialogue box that comes up defaults (in View
> Menu) to "List". I can change it to "Details", but the next time the
> dialogue window is invoked, it's right back to "List". For people
> with large numbers of folders and/or files in the left side choices
> (Desktop, My Documents, etc), "List" is not a good choice.
>
> Thanks

That cannot be changed.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE