Sign in with
Your question

LG GSA-4163B DVD burner not working

Last response: in Storage
December 18, 2006 4:00:25 AM

Friends: My LG GSA-4163B burner is just not reading anything. I took it apart, cleaned the lens and it worked for one day. Then it keeps telling me to insert a disk. The LED in front flashes, but I do not hear the whirring sound of the disk spinning in the tray. The firmware is updated. Is there anything I can do or any diagnostics I can run before tossing it out? Thanks for any help.
December 18, 2006 4:50:48 PM

hi.
since you have done all i don't think there is left something to do.
but anyway you can try to read a dvd or cd again,may there is the media faulty.
if not then is the drive.
December 19, 2006 7:00:28 PM

Quote:
Friends: My LG GSA-4163B burner is just not reading anything. I took it apart, cleaned the lens and it worked for one day. Then it keeps telling me to insert a disk. The LED in front flashes, but I do not hear the whirring sound of the disk spinning in the tray. The firmware is updated. Is there anything I can do or any diagnostics I can run before tossing it out? Thanks for any help.

Hi im having the exact same problem with my LG GSA-H22L DVD-RW drive! Sometimes if I restart my computer it will work but most of the time it doesnt. Ive actually given up on it now and I dont even know if it works at all now. Just put Quake4 DVD in and nothing happened! Its as if the drive thinks there no media present!

I bought it from PC World and I still have the receipt. Im gonna go in on friday and complain.

Ive only had it for 2 weeks!
!