Sign in with
Your question

Hey, Gramps, Can I Borrow Your Mac?

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2006 4:32:30 AM

Check this out:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EDKCRBZEJQTPMQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=196600880&subSection=

So very priceless. Now, I'm not a mac-hater, but it DOES bug me when Mac users think they are cooler than PC users (and I frackin' hate those commercials). So, reading this made me happy. :D 

More about : hey gramps borrow mac

December 18, 2006 10:38:14 AM

Quote:
it DOES bug me when Mac users think they are cooler than PC users

about a year and a half ago you would have wanted to crush my head with a sledge hammer.
December 18, 2006 11:27:02 AM

Quote:
I frackin' hate those commercials

ditto they just piss me off and talk bollocks, for cryin out load who gives a sh*t about iLife, iphoto and all the other iCrap that they've got. atleast windows has SOME 3rd party support in terms of hardware and software, and the SOME software is affordable, unlike mac software which is 2~3 times the price.
btw sorry for the rant
Related resources
December 18, 2006 12:41:12 PM

Quote:
ditto they just piss me off and talk bollocks, for cryin out load who gives a sh*t about iLife, iphoto and all the other iCrap that they've got. atleast windows has SOME 3rd party support in terms of hardware and software, and the SOME software is affordable, unlike mac software which is 2~3 times the price.
btw sorry for the rant

So I'm guessing you have much experience with the platform? If you are a student/teacher Mac software becomes surprisingly cheap. The third party support is good in many cases. Trying to get third party hardware/software to run on windows isn't necessarily seamless.

One example would be the Lexicon USB Sound studio. Mac installation directions:

Plug the device into the USB port. Mac OSX will recognize the device.

Windows:

Insert installation disk. Plug in device when prompted. Install drivers. Restart machine.

I'm afraid to know what happens next under Windows. Seems like there's always something that doesn't work right. Luckily I own a mac.

Another example would be in regards to my new HP printer. Installed like a dream on the mac. XP x64 bit the dust when I tried to install it. Not to mention that printing photos is very intuitive using iPhoto.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 18, 2006 1:22:55 PM

Quote:

Insert installation disk. Plug in device when prompted. Install drivers. Restart machine.

No. Plain and simple. This is not true. 3 Years ago maybe....
December 18, 2006 2:44:14 PM

the point i was trying to make was that i dont like the snidy ass adverts.
I really dont like the way they ram down your throats that Windows sucks balls and i'm a dumbass for not realizing how great Macs are. its like the Sega adverts when they were marketing the game gear.

an besides its not really fair to compare a 2~3 year old OS with one thats nearly 7 years(15 or over since its design is based on NT), and I seriously doubt was ever designed to effectively run on current gen hardware.
December 18, 2006 8:00:46 PM

Err... thanks for replying with something completely off-topic... might as well bring up the Bill vs Steve debate. :roll:

(and yes, that was sarcasm)
December 18, 2006 8:03:32 PM

Quote:

No. Plain and simple. This is not true. 3 Years ago maybe....
And even if it IS true, what the hell does it matter? Yeah, things are simpler when you have a dictator. However, with more freedom and flexibility comes more advanced procedures (e.g. think Linux... you can do whatever the hell you want with it and it's a super powerful OS, but it's hard to use).

Wait... I'm starting to get off-topic as well. Oops! :oops: 
December 18, 2006 8:08:41 PM

Quote:
the point i was trying to make was that i dont like the snidy ass adverts.
I really dont like the way they ram down your throats that Windows sucks balls and i'm a dumbass for not realizing how great Macs are. its like the Sega adverts when they were marketing the game gear.

an besides its not really fair to compare a 2~3 year old OS with one thats nearly 7 years(15 or over since its design is based on NT), and I seriously doubt was ever designed to effectively run on current gen hardware.

Well, it's plenty fair to compare these Operating Systems, but what pisses me off is how the adds have nothing to do with the quality of the Mac OS. It's all a bunch of slamming the competition BS.

It reminds me of how politicians slam their opponents but never really say what they stand for. Their ads are always like "well, this other guy hates babies and ran over a squirrel just the other day!" but they never just say "blah blah I'm pro this, anti this, and this is what I'm about". Know what I mean? I just want facts so I can make a decision.
December 18, 2006 8:19:53 PM

BTW, I just read that article in your sig. Damn that's annoying. Warning labels on Microwaves??? Why don't parent's EVER take responsibility for their kids these days? Where was that girl's mom/dad when she was exploding the egg? ARGH!!! :evil: 

</Rant>

Sorry for that off-topic rant. :lol: 
December 18, 2006 8:34:14 PM

Quote:
Err... thanks for replying with something completely off-topic... might as well bring up the Bill vs Steve debate.

Well it's blates Steve, Bill's not as cool and 'urban chic' as Steve is he :wink:

I really think people should stop Mac-bashing on this forum, as every single Mac user here avoids blind fanboyism.

And you can't say that about the PC users here now, can you.
December 18, 2006 8:38:04 PM

Quote:
BTW, I just read that article in your sig. Damn that's annoying. Warning labels on Microwaves??? Why don't parent's EVER take responsibility for their kids these days? Where was that girl's mom/dad when she was exploding the egg? ARGH!!! :evil: 

</Rant>

Sorry for that off-topic rant. :lol: 

naw thats cool, you should read the one about doctors wanting to ban the selling of kitchen knifes longer then 3 inches...
anyway back to my response, every topic regarding apple's eventually becomes hijacked.
December 18, 2006 8:39:24 PM

Oh and RE: that article

I think it may have something to do with the fact that Mac OS is probably an easier environment for less computer-literate people (as alot of over 55s are). That and the fact that if you're 55 now, Apple I came out when you were about 25.

Although I think it probably says that in the article (I only skimmed it).
December 18, 2006 9:06:06 PM

Well, I have no problems with you Mesa. I think a lot of Mac users are blind fanboys exactly like lots of PC users are tho. I just thought this article was funny because it's so contrary to what people seem to think.
December 18, 2006 9:19:14 PM

Yeah this is what I hear from all you stateside users. I haven't experienced it ever. The only time me and my friends who have Macs get evangelistic is when one of us jokingly lords over the other's machine.

We all use them for music though, it's a tool for work - so it's what you do with it that counts rather than specs in the end. Noone pays us to have a nice computer.
December 18, 2006 9:22:54 PM

I've personally witnessed two HP high end photo printers that upon plugging into a MAC OSX Platform machine, there were errors in the install.
December 18, 2006 10:26:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah this is what I hear from all you stateside users. I haven't experienced it ever. The only time me and my friends who have Macs get evangelistic is when one of us jokingly lords over the other's machine.

We all use them for music though, it's a tool for work - so it's what you do with it that counts rather than specs in the end. Noone pays us to have a nice computer.

Well, congrats to you guys then for being sane. Yeah, I think it's important to remember: on some level, these are just tools. You just need to figure out which tool works best for you and use that one. Know what I mean?
December 18, 2006 11:27:14 PM

My dad, uncle and I have horror stories from trying to network an iMac to a US Robotics router. It must be rebooted every time you connect to it :evil:  . Macs have a decent design but they're too proprietary (and can't upgrade worth a crap).

Finally, a comic that DaSickNinja has posted before, but so funny that it bears repeating:
December 19, 2006 12:16:53 PM

Quote:
My dad, uncle and I have horror stories from trying to network an iMac to a US Robotics router. It must be rebooted every time you connect to it Evil or Very Mad . Macs have a decent design but they're too proprietary (and can't upgrade worth a crap).

I'd say the product at fault there would be the router. Provided you're using OS X I don't see any reason why you'd need to reboot every time.
December 20, 2006 4:51:16 AM

Quote:
My dad, uncle and I have horror stories from trying to network an iMac to a US Robotics router. It must be rebooted every time you connect to it Evil or Very Mad . Macs have a decent design but they're too proprietary (and can't upgrade worth a crap).

I'd say the product at fault there would be the router. Provided you're using OS X I don't see any reason why you'd need to reboot every time.
Haha nice. Supporting Macs 'till the very end! ;) 
December 20, 2006 4:52:07 AM

Quote:
My dad, uncle and I have horror stories from trying to network an iMac to a US Robotics router. It must be rebooted every time you connect to it :evil:  . Macs have a decent design but they're too proprietary (and can't upgrade worth a crap).

Finally, a comic that DaSickNinja has posted before, but so funny that it bears repeating:

Holy crap that was funny. Thanks for posting that! It made my night! :lol: 
December 21, 2006 8:21:12 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying Macs are perfect. If they were everyone would have one. It doesn't make sense to me when people are so against a certain technology. Some people seem to act as if they own massive amounts of stock in companies like Intel/AMD or Apple/Microsoft. Whatever, I own PCs and Macs and I use chips made by Intel, Apple, IBM, AMD, Nvidia, ATI, and many more. All of these items serve a specific purpose and all of them exhibit different levels of compatibility/performance for many different applications.

What I am constantly trying to do is help people understand that there are things that do work better on Macs than on PCs. If you can't admit that then you are biased and nothing you say will ever be credible to me.

Just because your favorite OS is Windows doesn't mean you couldn't like Mac OSX too and possibly even (gasp) use it for something useful.

In case anyone is still wondering:

http://www.lexiconpro.com/Product_Downloads/omega/Omega...

Read both the windows installation directions and Mac installation instructions. Maybe I was a bit off. You have to plug in the device first then out comes the wizard and .. blah.. blah

Mac:

Plug in device. End of story.
December 21, 2006 8:25:01 PM

I'll make this even easier for those of you running windows and having trouble with acrobat reader :roll:

OMEGA STUDIO™ FOR WINDOWS® XP USERS
A. INSTALLING THE LEXICON USB DRIVERS
You must install the USB drivers to use your Lexicon Omega’s USB connection with your computer.
Follow the directions listed in the following section to complete the installation process.
1. Start your computer. Close any open programs you have running.
2. Take your Lexicon Omega hardware out of the box and plug the power in.
3. Connect the included USB cable to your computer and to the Omega.
4. You will see multiple messages pop up from the task bar indicating that your computer has found a
new USB device. There will be multiple messages because there are four USB devices in the Omega.
When Windows displays the message “Your new hardware is installed and ready to use”, Windows has
completed identifying your new hardware. However, your software installation IS NOT complete.
5. Put the Omega Studio Software Installation disk into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. If you have
Autorun enabled, the Omega Driver Installer Setup Wizard will automatically launch. If it does not
launch automatically, you can open it by selecting Start>Run and entering D:\Omega.exe
(where D:\ is the letter of your CD-ROM drive).
6. Next, select the language that you’d like to run the installer in.
7. Continue selecting Next and choose I agree to the terms of the License Agreement.
8. Select the Omega Driver Installer Software components (Cubase LE, Pantheon Reverb Plug-In, and
Help Files) that you wish to install and click Next.
9. Choose your desired installation folder, or use the default setting and select Install.
10. You will now see the window shown below. Click Next to continue and follow the onscreen
instructions for the remainder of the installation.

OMEGA FOR MAC® USERS
The Omega hardware is designed to interface directly with your Mac computer via USB using OS X’s
Core Audio drivers. This means no separate driver installation is needed as long as your Mac system
software is 10.2.8 or greater (see Apple’s website for software update information if your system software
is 10.2.8 or earlier).
December 22, 2006 3:41:13 AM

Dude, just give it a rest. That HW is obviously made for a Mac. Who gives a $hit? It doesn't really change anything, and it's such a stupid battle that who cares? Yeah, so installing something on a Mac is easier than on Windows. Woo hoo.

You might want to check out this THG article that says exactly what I'm saying by the way:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/20/enderle_on_apple/

It's called "Analyst Opinion: Apple is not real". You might find it a good read. Oh wait, you'll just be blindly ignoring everything it has to say. :roll:

Anyway, if you want to be a troll, get the hell out of here. I think the Mac OS is fine. I use it, it's shiny, blah blah. But when it comes to more advanced things (e.g. software engineering when you want something more than FileMaker Pro :roll: ) Windows/Linux/anything else reigns supreme.
December 22, 2006 3:42:49 AM

Quote:
I'll make this even easier for those of you running windows and having trouble with acrobat reader :roll:
Get your stupid remarks out of this thread. Acrobat is BS anyway. Any document reader that has load times great enough that you can read the fine print on the splash screen sucks. (BTW, it takes plenty of time on Mac OS and Windows).
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
December 22, 2006 6:20:53 AM

I have always preferred the flexibility of open boxes. Unfortunately, that means I have to put up with the drawbacks.

Look at the debates here - AMD or Intel? 965, 975X, or 680i? Asus, Abit, Gigabyte, or whatever? Corsair, Crucial, or OCZ? ATI or nVidia? Which model? How much RAM? Which power supply? How much power is enough? Which CPU cooler? How far can I push my components? What's the best I can do for $400, $600, $800, etc.?

You simply cannot have this kind of fun with a Mac. With Apple, you are pretty much limited to what they are going to give you. And if Mac software is so good, why all the interest in running Windows software?

burn-e86:
'I'm not saying that stupid people should be executed but...take the safety label off and let the problem solve its self' Great!

No matter how hard you try, you simply cannot make machinery foolproof. The best you can do is keep the fools away from the machinery.

"Just think of it as evolution in action." Jerry Pournelle
December 22, 2006 6:35:10 AM

Quote:
Anyway, if you want to be a troll, get the hell out of here. I think the Mac OS is fine. I use it, it's shiny, blah blah. But when it comes to more advanced things (e.g. software engineering when you want something more than FileMaker Pro Rolling Eyes ) Windows/Linux/anything else reigns supreme.

Well, I would agree had you not put Linux in that list - they're both built off of the same stuff, and if you really want to get into the 'advanced things' both of them can Unix it up like a motherbitch.

My Uncle has been an Apple dev for about 20 years and would probably disagree with you a lot more than I do (because he understands it properly and....er....I don't!)

Hold Cmd-S next time you boot up a Mac. Enjoy the fabulous (and not so pretty) world of Unix!
December 22, 2006 7:34:17 AM

While we can debate which is best Mac OS vs. Windows a long time, a simple fact pretty much decides it for me:

The Mac is a monolitic platform where ONE company owns and controls the platform 100%. Yes, there are 3th party solutions for the Mac, but they live on the mercy of Apple. Just look at how Apple treated their licensed clones and how they have much less consideration on backward compatability than the PC world.
Sorry, I won't buy into a computing ecosystem which is owned by a company. Even as dominating as Microsoft is on the PC side, they have much less power than Apple has in the Mac world.
December 22, 2006 3:31:07 PM

Exactly. And anybody that says that Steve Jobs is a big, cuddly teddy bear is a moron. When the book "iCon Steve Jobs: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business" came out, Steve not only banned the sale of the book in any Apple stores, he also blacklisted the sale of anything by that publishing house. Sound a bit heavy-handed and hitler-like? Controlling freedom of speech? But yeah, Macs are for the "freaks and weirdos" the people that refuse to conform to society. But what happens when you refuse to conform to the society of people refusing to conform to society? You become the devil and get blacklisted. F* that.
December 22, 2006 3:42:21 PM

Quote:
Anyway, if you want to be a troll, get the hell out of here. I think the Mac OS is fine. I use it, it's shiny, blah blah. But when it comes to more advanced things (e.g. software engineering when you want something more than FileMaker Pro Rolling Eyes ) Windows/Linux/anything else reigns supreme.

Well, I would agree had you not put Linux in that list - they're both built off of the same stuff, and if you really want to get into the 'advanced things' both of them can Unix it up like a motherbitch.

My Uncle has been an Apple dev for about 20 years and would probably disagree with you a lot more than I do (because he understands it properly and....er....I don't!)

Hold Cmd-S next time you boot up a Mac. Enjoy the fabulous (and not so pretty) world of Unix!Well, I'm talking about actual IDEs and how advanced they are. Unix is powerful for scripting, and you can write C in it like a mofo, but Microsoft has some cool stuff if you're a developer.

On a side note, I'm just starting to get in to web development. I have primarily been into Sys Admin (server admin, network, running special projects) but lately I've been thinking about development work, so I've started ramping up my skills. When I was doing that I realized how cool Microsoft's IDEs are. For example, their ASP.Net 2.0 compiler, that takes your code and turns it into Javascript events on ASPX pages, that trigger C# code behind the scenes (it's pretty cool).

Anyway, for enterprise web apps and stuff like that, you can't really create them on a Mac. You can create graphics on a Mac, but it's not really any better suited than Windows is per se. (e.g. most of the tools for Mac are also released on Windows). Of course, since they switched to X86 CPUs, you can run Windows on your Mac easily. But then, why would you even bother?

Oh, and don't get me started on Apple adopting X86 CPUs. Talk about pissing me off! I've been arguing with Mac heads for years that X86 is the way to go. They have insisted that PowerPC was far superior (false Mac ads and all, stating that they were the fastest CPUs on the planet falsely). And now that they were like "um, Intel CPUs are better and cheaper, we're switching" Mac heads are like "yeah, Intel CPUs just rock" and it annoys me that they ignore the fact that they used to hate Intel. Followers.
December 22, 2006 6:47:00 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm talking about actual IDEs and how advanced they are. Unix is powerful for scripting, and you can write C in it like a mofo, but Microsoft has some cool stuff if you're a developer.

Anyway, for enterprise web apps and stuff like that, you can't really create them on a Mac.

Exactly. But the tools aren't there because entreprises do NOT want to develop enterprise apps for the Apple platform, where they are at the mercy of Apple, and can suddently be told to re-engineer their applications. No big enterprise want to be at the mercy of any other enterprise - it is as simple as that. Apple acts as if the computers they make are theirs - and thats not the way GM or GE sees it. The big enterprises want their computers to be under their own control - not anybody elses.

Another reason why development tools on the Windows side is way better than on anything else - both Microsofts own tools and the competitors (always have been a big fan of Borlands) -, is because of the attention paid to developers from Microsofts side (example: Everything is an programable object) and the size of the market. Development tools are niche products and needs a huge potential market to earn money. Or they can being financed by someone with deep pockets (what happens on Linux), which earns money in other markets. Apple market share is too small to be a profitable for the most advanced tools, and Apple itself does not seem to want to pay for advanced developer tools.
December 22, 2006 8:59:09 PM

Yeah, MS does seem to put a lot of emphasis on developers. A smart move if you ask me. Speaking of which, have you seen the video of the "Steve Ballmer Techno Remix"? That guy is crazy, but there is a part where he screams "DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS!", which I thought was fitting. ;) 
December 22, 2006 10:10:56 PM

"I have 4 words for you....I...LOVE...THIS...COMPANY...YEAH!!!!!!"

Ballmer is a real idiot!

I'm not really interested in Macintosh as a development platform. Actually, correct that...I'm not interested at all in Macintosh as a development platform!! It's not something I'll ever do. Although OS X does come with a couple of gigs of dev tools...although I haven't used them for anything more taxing than compiling Metasploit.

As for the x86 vs PPC... once again I think it must be a US only thing. Everyone I know who's been using Macs for any period of time just saw it as a way that they had to get a new system - not because it was any statement of 'x86 ftw' but just because they need to stay current with the Macintosh platform for new software. I'd like to say I know the difference, but if you asked me I probably couldn't give you a very good answer! Other than the new Intel CPUs are working out better than the new IBM PPC chips, which afaik is the reason for the switch.

(On a side not, I took delivery of my first Intel Mac yesterday - 1.6ghz Core Duo with a gig of DDR2. Really is a superb computer, loving the swift performance, and thus far no issues with Rosetta)
December 22, 2006 10:37:23 PM

Well, for one thing you messed up his quote. If typed, it would probably look more like this:

"I HAVE FOUR WORDS FOR YOU: I... LOVE... THIS... COMPANY!!!! YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Anyway, yeah, he's a weirdo all right, but I have to admire his maniacal devotion to Microsoft. The only problem is he is a maniac. :D 

Anyway, maybe it's a "US Only" thing, but all the Mac users I know used to be snobby to me because I used AMD/Intel CPUs. That's what pisses me off: the culture of elitism that is created by Apple's ad campaigns. It's BS and it's uncalled for. I don't have a problem with Macs... I just have a problem with the people that use 'em ;) . That's why the "majority of users over 55" and that THG article crack me up.

If you aren't part of the community of people I dislike, these articles will not bug you. For example: I wouldn't give a crap if 80% of Windows users are over 60. I am in to technology, and Windows is technology. So, I don't give a crap. I don't have some fake image built up in my head about how "cool" Windows is or some BS. Know what I mean?
December 22, 2006 10:43:56 PM

If you think about it, both sides make sense:
1.) The majority of MAC users are repeat buyers. MAC was first to the home PC market ~25 years ago, and a 30-year-old of that time (someone financially secure enough to afford the early computers) would now be 55.

2.) Mac's funky designs and colors are made to attract younger buyers. Old timers buy them because they're Macs, but idiots buy them because they look cool.

A few other people buy them for other reasons, such as user interface preferences, specific applications that work well with MAC, etc. But by far the vast majority of buyers should logically be traditional MAC users, followed by people who don't know the difference and pick the "nicest looking" system.
December 22, 2006 10:55:22 PM

Yeah, but now that they use X86 hardware, there's NO reason to keep things so tightly controlled. It should just be an OS preference like Windows, Linux, Mac OS. Know what I mean? But no, they are the nazi-like juggernaut that must control every aspect of computing, even the hardware. That's the only thing that bugs me about Apple as a company (that + ads).
December 22, 2006 10:56:54 PM

I'm staying out the whole Mac versus PC debate....

My thoughts on the article is this:

Apple! The official computer of The AARP!
December 22, 2006 11:14:37 PM

Hah... nice. If Apple offered a senior discount, they would go out of business!! :lol: 
a b B Homebuilt system
December 22, 2006 11:18:43 PM

MAC: Hi...I'm a Mac..

PC: and i'm a PC

MAC: What ya doing there PC

PC: Playing Quake 4

MAC: Cool i can play one of them.....
MAC: while you do that i am gonna go play in Photoshop....

PC: Cool i will do the same later....

MAC: Ohhh yeah well macs are better at blogs

PC: What? you mean us poor PC's don't have web browsers?

MAC: Well not as far as i've hear....And don't PC's not have any sound cards to listen to music either? And lets not mention Itunes

PC: Well i have my nice new X-fi card and if i WANTED iTunes i could get it FOR FREE!!!

MAC: So lets get this right.....I can't play 90% games and you can already do everything i do?

PC: Yes....Plus i have more hardware/software that runs on me.

Get the point?

Did you see that NEW mac pro feature? DUAL Optical drives....wow i never seen that before....I am not saying Mac's don't have a place....but they are not better than PC.....

[/RANT]
December 22, 2006 11:24:53 PM

Haha... all I can say is "friggin' A man. Friggin' A."
December 22, 2006 11:26:33 PM

Oh, and I like the Army of Darkness reference in your sig. It shows that you have good taste. :D 
December 23, 2006 7:37:11 AM

I've spent god knows how long searching, but it's been fruitless thus far....and it's a BIG fault with Mac OS and Apple in general if it's true.

Where the hell is their rival to Microsoft Paint?

I've looked all through the Applications folder, and in Utilities too and I can't find it!

Anyone know where it is? Or are we expected to all be running Photoshop anyway and therefore don't need it? They gave me Garage Band but instead I use Logic...now I want the Garage Band of the computer drawing world!
a b B Homebuilt system
December 23, 2006 12:27:38 PM

yeah....i think i am gonna watch that again some time today....its a good Christmas movie :) 
December 23, 2006 3:57:51 PM

Well, Microsoft Paint is such crap anyway that I guess they figured they didn't NEED to rival it. :D 

Actually, the best free image editing software that I've used is GIMP. It's not Photoshop, but it's good for free software.
December 23, 2006 4:08:08 PM

It really captures the spirit of Christmas like no other movie can.
December 23, 2006 4:33:41 PM

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!
December 23, 2006 4:34:58 PM

Well I'm going to have to respectfully disagree there. Paint is the best thing Microsoft have made except Windows 3.1

I'll be able to run it under Darwine/X11 though I think, so I'll give it a go there.

Just got Parallels installed on the new Mini - alt+tab switching between Windows XP and OS X? Yes please!!
December 23, 2006 5:21:34 PM

If using Windows is too complicated for you, take your Mac to another forum. :wink:
December 23, 2006 5:46:20 PM

Quote:
Well I'm going to have to respectfully disagree there. Paint is the best thing Microsoft have made except Windows 3.1
An interesting stance on the issue. :lol: 
December 23, 2006 6:19:44 PM

I know it sounds stupid but I really do think that! Well...

Windows XP is probably better than Paint, but it's just been out for so darn long I'm just totally pissed off with it.

And name me another app with the longevity of Paint - it's been pretty much unchanged for 15 years!

Now if they could release a version of Windows that was nearly as good as Paint......
!