Default folder of BT file transfer

March 20, 2005 2:53:07 AM

I use BT connection to transfer files from Nokia 6320 portable phone to my
O2 Xda II mini. The default download folder is My Documents on main memory.
Is it possible to change to a folder on storage memory?

In addition, why every file I receive needs to be confirmed although I have
checked the option " Receive all incoming beams.". Can I skip this
confirmation.

Thanks,

Ray
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:24:05 PM

I don't have access to an O2 Xda II mini. But you may want to look into
Bluetooth settings if it is running a Widcomm Bluetooth Stack. You may need
to tap on "Advanced..." to get the option screen that determines where files
are placed. As to you other question, you may want to uncheck "Authorization
required" but this will disable security.

--
David Hettel
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

"Ray" <NoSpam-ray.ck.li@Gmail.com> wrote in message
>I use BT connection to transfer files from Nokia 6320 portable phone to my
>O2 Xda II mini. The default download folder is My Documents on main
>memory. Is it possible to change to a folder on storage memory?
>
> In addition, why every file I receive needs to be confirmed although I
> have checked the option " Receive all incoming beams.". Can I skip this
> confirmation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

March 28, 2005 4:27:36 AM

David,

On O2 Xda II mini, the Bluetooth GUI is very simple as compared with
previous version and does not have what you mentioned. I believe I need to
modify the registry. Do you have any idea where I should modify?

I will try your suggestion again on my next use with my friend.

Thanks,

Ray

!