how to reinstall IE 6 on a PC w/o internet access?

Hi,
can anybody give me a hint how to reinstall the Internet Explorer on a PC
which has no Internet access?
Maybe it's possible to install the IE from the Windows 2000 installation
disk?
TIA
Peter Brause

DC

This is not the correct ng, but...
Call Microsoft and order the CD
Go to a friends computer, and download the network version meant for network
administrators, burn it to a CD and install it from that.
You OS CD has IE5 on it. You can do a Repair Install of your operating system and it
will be installed as your default browser.

don

"Peter Brause" <saugruessel@x-mail.net> wrote in message
Hi,
can anybody give me a hint how to reinstall the Internet Explorer on a PC
which has no Internet access?
Maybe it's possible to install the IE from the Windows 2000 installation
disk?
TIA
Peter Brause

How about getting the IE6 CD-ROM from Microsoft (you pay about $5, as I
recall, for shipping) and then installing IE6 from the CD-ROM?

"Peter Brause" wrote:

> Hi,
> can anybody give me a hint how to reinstall the Internet Explorer on a PC
> which has no Internet access?
> Maybe it's possible to install the IE from the Windows 2000 installation
> disk?
> TIA
> Peter Brause

Im a bit curious. Why to you need a web browser for a computer with no
internet access?

"Peter Brause" <saugruessel@x-mail.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> can anybody give me a hint how to reinstall the Internet Explorer on a PC
> which has no Internet access?
> Maybe it's possible to install the IE from the Windows 2000 installation
> disk?
> TIA
> Peter Brause

Hi Peter,

Besides getting it on a CD from wherever, you can also download the Full
OffLine Installer if you can use a different computer that has online access,
and then copy it to your usb flash pen or similar (needs to be at least 128mb
capacity since the file is 78mb) ..and then bring it to the pc of your choice
to install offline.

Here is just one of the many places to get the Full Offline Installer for
IE6SP1, or there are other places if you want an earlier versions of IE, but
heres just one of many places you can download IE6SP1:
http://pub103.ezboard.com/fsoccertalk55132frm36.showPrevMessage?topicID=332.topic
(some bottom links on page are active - right click & 'save target' on them)

Rick

Hi Don,
1. What is the correct news group?

2. It seems as if Microsoft has changed its distribution policy.
There is no network version available for download, see here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&DisplayLang=en
(instead there is an Internet Explorer Administration Kit, but that's not
the network version.)

IE 6 on CD is shipped only in the U.S. and Canada, see here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.mspx

Peter