Storage USB Device

During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in the
form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should it be
disabled?
8 answers Last reply
More about storage device

    Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
    > During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in the
    > form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should it
    be
    > disabled?

    What's a "card reader"?

    "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
    | What's a "card reader"?
    | "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??
    | >

    | > --
    | > Tumppi
    | > Reply to group
    | > =================================================
    | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    | > =================================================
    | >

    | > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
    | >> During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in
    the
    | >> form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should
    it
    | > be
    | >> disabled?

    You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A card
    reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which digital
    camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the contents.
    It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have no
    use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
    reader(s) for less money.

    You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
    don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
    implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
    but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
    5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

    "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message

    > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > | What's a "card reader"?
    > | "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | > Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > Tumppi
    > | > Reply to group
    > | > =================================================
    > | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    > | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    > | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    > | > =================================================
    > | >

    > | > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
    > the
    > should
    > it
    > | > be
    > | >>

    > You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A
    > card
    > reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which digital
    > camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the
    > contents.
    > It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have
    > no
    > use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
    > reader(s) for less money.

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:59:24 -0500, "Steve"
    <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote:
    >recommend a digital camera, say
    >5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

    For overall ease of use (my non-technical wife is able to use the
    one I gave her as a birthday gift) and nice pictures I like the
    Kodak "easy share" cameras... many models with different options

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/19&pq-locale=en_US

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    | You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
    | don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
    | implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
    | but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
    | 5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

    But you do own a printer; I was suggesting that you read the instructions
    relevant to *its* use.

    Steve Raymond's advice was spot on. Had you read your manual you would
    realize that your printer has a card reader and would understand what these
    are. See this http://tinyurl.com/525ef

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    > You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
    > don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
    > implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
    > but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
    > 5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.
    >
    > "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> | What's a "card reader"?
    >> | "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> the
    >> should
    >> it
    >> | >>

    >> You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A
    >> card
    >> reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which
    >> digital
    >> camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the
    >> contents.
    >> It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have
    >> no
    >> use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
    >> reader(s) for less money.

    My apologies again! I meant to say that I read all the documentation
    relative to the printing and scanning functions of the unit but ignored
    anything relative to integration with a digital camera, which I don't own.
    In fact the documentation makes no mention of a "card reader" (sic). The
    subject is covered under a chapter entitled "Printing From a Memory Card".
    I now understand that a "card reader", though not specifically mentioned,
    reads a memory card.

    Enough of this BS! I'll now let you or y'all have the last word . . . . . .

    > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > | You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige!
    > | don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
    > | implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me
    > $78
    > | but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
    > | 5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.
    > |

    > But you do own a printer; I was suggesting that you read the instructions
    > relevant to *its* use.

Storage USB Devices Windows XP