Storage USB Device

January 14, 2005 8:59:41 AM

During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in the
form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should it be
disabled?

More about : storage usb device

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 14, 2005 4:42:48 PM

Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
> During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in the
> form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should it
be
> disabled?

January 14, 2005 4:42:49 PM

What's a "card reader"?
"Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??
>

> --
> Tumppi
> Reply to group
> Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
>

> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
>> During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in the
>> form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should it
> be
>> disabled?

a b G Storage
January 14, 2005 4:42:50 PM

"Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:o qzc$sj#EHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| What's a "card reader"?
| "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??
| >

| > --
| > Tumppi
| > Reply to group
| > =================================================
| > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
| > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
| > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
| > =================================================
| >

| > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
| >> During installation of a new Epson printer a "Storage USB Device" in
the
| >> form of a Removable Disk was created. What is it's purpose and should
it
| > be
| >> disabled?

You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A card
reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which digital
camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the contents.
It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have no
use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
reader(s) for less money.
January 14, 2005 4:42:51 PM

You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

"Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message

> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:o qzc$sj#EHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> | What's a "card reader"?
> | "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | > Depends on the printer.. Does it have one or more card readers??
> | >

> | > --
> | > Tumppi
> | > Reply to group
> | > =================================================
> | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
> | > =================================================
> | >

> | > "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä
> the
> should
> it
> | > be
> | >>

> You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A
> card
> reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which digital
> camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the
> contents.
> It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have
> no
> use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
> reader(s) for less money.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 14, 2005 4:42:52 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:59:24 -0500, "Steve"
<spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote:
>recommend a digital camera, say
>5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

For overall ease of use (my non-technical wife is able to use the
one I gave her as a birthday gift) and nice pictures I like the
Kodak "easy share" cameras... many models with different options

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/...

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 14, 2005 4:42:52 PM

| You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
| don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
| implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
| but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
| 5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.

But you do own a printer; I was suggesting that you read the instructions
relevant to *its* use.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 14, 2005 4:42:52 PM

Steve Raymond's advice was spot on. Had you read your manual you would
realize that your printer has a card reader and would understand what these
are. See this http://tinyurl.com/525ef

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

> You're right! Forgive me! Gomen nasai ! Excusez-moi! Entschuldige! I
> don't own a digital camera and pay no attention to instructions on
> implementing their use. My new printer, an Epson CX4600, only cost me $78
> but serves me well. Perhaps you can you recommend a digital camera, say
> 5MP, 4X optical zoom. Oh; thanks for the help.
>
> "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steve" <spinetxnj1NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:o qzc$sj#EHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> | What's a "card reader"?
>> | "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> the
>> should
>> it
>> | >>

>> You really should read the documentation that came with the printer. A
>> card
>> reader is a small slot or group of slots on the printer into which
>> digital
>> camera flash cards may be inserted in order to read and print the
>> contents.
>> It shouldn't make any difference whether it's enabled or not if you have
>> no
>> use for it. You could have gotten a similar printer without the card
>> reader(s) for less money.

January 14, 2005 5:20:24 PM

My apologies again! I meant to say that I read all the documentation
relative to the printing and scanning functions of the unit but ignored
anything relative to integration with a digital camera, which I don't own.
In fact the documentation makes no mention of a "card reader" (sic). The
subject is covered under a chapter entitled "Printing From a Memory Card".
I now understand that a "card reader", though not specifically mentioned,
reads a memory card.

Enough of this BS! I'll now let you or y'all have the last word . . . . . .

!