?? All of the sudden, no sound from headphones?

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I have logitech z680s with a headphone plug on the front. I've always plugged in my headphones through this plug on the speaker's control panel.

Yesterday it worked, tonight it doesn't...?? It's been finicky occasionally before, but a restart or just unplugging/repluggin in the headphones would solve that.

Not now - I've restarted, turned off/on speaker power, unplugged/replugged headphones... nothing. Tried a different pair of headphones, nothing. Tested my headphones elsewhere and they still work just fine...

Any ideas??

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
I reinstalled my sound drivers and now I get no sound! I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers various times with different versions and no sound anywhere!

Dxdiag, audio tab, I said run tests, well I can't hear anything so it asks I hear the sound and i just say no so it fails...

the only thing I've changed is yesterday I swapped in a BFG 8800GTX card. I messed around with it yesterday and had sound no problem, everything was fine...

then I came home at night to play w/headphones and then no headphones sound, this morning I tried fixing the drivers and now NO sound!!