URGENT: I'm desperate!

I bought a brand new computer: Intel 4 2.8 procesor, Intel D865GBF
motherboard, RAM 512 MB DDR333, and two 120 Gb SATA disks.

I install an ORIGINAL copy of Windows 2000 Servers and everythings goes ok
but then, suddenly, blue screens appear randomly: when I open programs,
click an icon, open "My Computer", etc. Blue screen exceptions are always
diffent: 0xa stops, kernel exceptions, etc:

I tried ALL the following things but neither of them work. I'm still getting
blue screens!!!

1) I reinstalled Windows 2000 Server
2) I changed the disks
3) I changed the memory
4) I changed the motherboard
5) I installed a copied Advanced 2000 Server (just for checking if my
original disk was corrupted)
6) I tried with the bundled drivers in the Intel CD, AND with the new ones
from the Web.

Some thing to notice: I could never install SP4: everytime I open the
installation program I got a "File is corrupt", even I tried it in another
windows systems. I googled I everyone sais that the file is actually
corrupt, but it isn't true.

Please help. I don't know what else to do.
I'm DESPERATE!

Jorge

Did you F6 and load the manufacturer's sata controller driver during text
mode setup?

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Jorge Martinez" wrote:
|I bought a brand new computer: Intel 4 2.8 procesor, Intel D865GBF
| motherboard, RAM 512 MB DDR333, and two 120 Gb SATA disks.
|
| I install an ORIGINAL copy of Windows 2000 Servers and everythings goes ok
| but then, suddenly, blue screens appear randomly: when I open programs,
| click an icon, open "My Computer", etc. Blue screen exceptions are always
| diffent: 0xa stops, kernel exceptions, etc:
|
| I tried ALL the following things but neither of them work. I'm still
getting
| blue screens!!!
|
| 1) I reinstalled Windows 2000 Server
| 2) I changed the disks
| 3) I changed the memory
| 4) I changed the motherboard
| 5) I installed a copied Advanced 2000 Server (just for checking if my
| original disk was corrupted)
| 6) I tried with the bundled drivers in the Intel CD, AND with the new ones
| from the Web.
|
| Some thing to notice: I could never install SP4: everytime I open the
| installation program I got a "File is corrupt", even I tried it in another
| windows systems. I googled I everyone sais that the file is actually
| corrupt, but it isn't true.
|
| Please help. I don't know what else to do.
| I'm DESPERATE!
|
| Jorge

Nope. But when I tried with normal IDE disk it was the same.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Did you F6 and load the manufacturer's sata controller driver during text
> mode setup?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Jorge Martinez" wrote:
> |I bought a brand new computer: Intel 4 2.8 procesor, Intel D865GBF
> | motherboard, RAM 512 MB DDR333, and two 120 Gb SATA disks.
> |
> | I install an ORIGINAL copy of Windows 2000 Servers and everythings goes
> ok
> | but then, suddenly, blue screens appear randomly: when I open programs,
> | click an icon, open "My Computer", etc. Blue screen exceptions are
> always
> | diffent: 0xa stops, kernel exceptions, etc:
> |
> | I tried ALL the following things but neither of them work. I'm still
> getting
> | blue screens!!!
> |
> | 1) I reinstalled Windows 2000 Server
> | 2) I changed the disks
> | 3) I changed the memory
> | 4) I changed the motherboard
> | 5) I installed a copied Advanced 2000 Server (just for checking if my
> | original disk was corrupted)
> | 6) I tried with the bundled drivers in the Intel CD, AND with the new
> ones
> | from the Web.
> |
> | Some thing to notice: I could never install SP4: everytime I open the
> | installation program I got a "File is corrupt", even I tried it in
> another
> | windows systems. I googled I everyone sais that the file is actually
> | corrupt, but it isn't true.
> |
> | Please help. I don't know what else to do.
> | I'm DESPERATE!
> |
> | Jorge

Nothing really to do with the drive. The drive controller would be the
issue.

--

"Jorge Martinez" wrote:
| Nope. But when I tried with normal IDE disk it was the same.

You'll want to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks or CD-Rom. The set of four
install disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the
\bootdisk directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or
makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Then *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting your system)
in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select S to specify
additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer
supplied Windows 2000 driver for your serial ATA controller in drive "A"

If you wait and then S to specify additional drivers, then it may be too
late as Windows 2000 Setup at this point may have already assigned the
resources your drive's controller is wanting to use.

"Jorge Martinez" wrote:
| Nope. But when I tried with normal IDE disk it was the same.

begin quote

Mistoffolees Mar 20, 12:08 pm show options

Jorge Martinez wrote:
> Nope, but I tried copying the file to hard disk and installed from
there.
> Same problem.

Did you build this computer yourself or had a professional do
it? Several other things to do: Visit the Intel support site,
download and install the current bios revision for this mother-
board (provided it is an Intel "retail" one; otherwise, go to
the OEM site for the same. Next, is the proper, certified RAM
installed for the particular CPU (e.g., DDR 400 vs. DDR 333).
In bios setup, re-configure it to the "default" setting; the
motherboard behavior is showing symptoms of "overclocking",
probably due to mis-matching of some components. One final
point to check, especially for a home-built, was the CPU fan
and heatsink installed properly, with thermal paste/pad and
is the computer case adequately ventilated?

end quote

Along this vein, I once fought a similiar issue with my home comp.
Eventually i resolved it by DOWNclocking a 2ghz athlon to run at 1.6.

the problem with service pack corruption is probably from a bad memory
(other possible reasons CPU & motherboard)

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Jorge Martinez" <nospam@nospam.au> wrote in message
>I bought a brand new computer: Intel 4 2.8 procesor, Intel D865GBF
>motherboard, RAM 512 MB DDR333, and two 120 Gb SATA disks.
>
> I install an ORIGINAL copy of Windows 2000 Servers and everythings goes ok
> but then, suddenly, blue screens appear randomly: when I open programs,
> click an icon, open "My Computer", etc. Blue screen exceptions are always
> diffent: 0xa stops, kernel exceptions, etc:
>
> I tried ALL the following things but neither of them work. I'm still
> getting blue screens!!!
>
> 1) I reinstalled Windows 2000 Server
> 2) I changed the disks
> 3) I changed the memory
> 4) I changed the motherboard
> 5) I installed a copied Advanced 2000 Server (just for checking if my
> original disk was corrupted)
> 6) I tried with the bundled drivers in the Intel CD, AND with the new ones
> from the Web.
>
> Some thing to notice: I could never install SP4: everytime I open the
> installation program I got a "File is corrupt", even I tried it in another
> windows systems. I googled I everyone sais that the file is actually
> corrupt, but it isn't true.
>
> Please help. I don't know what else to do.
> I'm DESPERATE!
>
> Jorge

The only thing I didn't change is CPU.
I didn't mention something that may be important: During installation (with
the original or the copied cd), setup show an error says that XXX.XXX file
cannot be copied. After retrying (pressing ENTER) several times the issue
was solved. Maybe this is related with the sp4 problem.

Thanks again

"Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> escribió en el mensaje
> the problem with service pack corruption is probably from a bad memory
> (other possible reasons CPU & motherboard)
>

> --
> Andrei Ungureanu
> www.eventid.net
> Free Windows event logs reports
> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>
> "Jorge Martinez" <nospam@nospam.au> wrote in message
>>I bought a brand new computer: Intel 4 2.8 procesor, Intel D865GBF
>>motherboard, RAM 512 MB DDR333, and two 120 Gb SATA disks.
>>
>> I install an ORIGINAL copy of Windows 2000 Servers and everythings goes
>> ok but then, suddenly, blue screens appear randomly: when I open
>> programs, click an icon, open "My Computer", etc. Blue screen exceptions
>> are always diffent: 0xa stops, kernel exceptions, etc:
>>
>> I tried ALL the following things but neither of them work. I'm still
>> getting blue screens!!!
>>
>> 1) I reinstalled Windows 2000 Server
>> 2) I changed the disks
>> 3) I changed the memory
>> 4) I changed the motherboard
>> 5) I installed a copied Advanced 2000 Server (just for checking if my
>> original disk was corrupted)
>> 6) I tried with the bundled drivers in the Intel CD, AND with the new
>> ones from the Web.
>>
>> Some thing to notice: I could never install SP4: everytime I open the
>> installation program I got a "File is corrupt", even I tried it in
>> another windows systems. I googled I everyone sais that the file is
>> actually corrupt, but it isn't true.
>>
>> Please help. I don't know what else to do.
>> I'm DESPERATE!
>>
>> Jorge

jud

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

> The only thing I didn't change is CPU.
> I didn't mention something that may be important: During installation
(with
> the original or the copied cd), setup show an error says that XXX.XXX file
> cannot be copied. After retrying (pressing ENTER) several times the issue
> was solved. Maybe this is related with the sp4 problem.
>
> Thanks again

Did you try using another CDRom to install from, sounds like bad file copy,
this can also happen if you have a bad memory stick, or
one that is incompatible for the MOBO

Jud

Jorge Martinez wrote:

> Nope, but I tried copying the file to hard disk and installed from there.
> Same problem.

Did you build this computer yourself or had a professional do
it? Several other things to do: Visit the Intel support site,
download and install the current bios revision for this mother-
board (provided it is an Intel "retail" one; otherwise, go to
the OEM site for the same. Next, is the proper, certified RAM
installed for the particular CPU (e.g., DDR 400 vs. DDR 333).
In bios setup, re-configure it to the "default" setting; the
motherboard behavior is showing symptoms of "overclocking",
probably due to mis-matching of some components. One final
point to check, especially for a home-built, was the CPU fan
and heatsink installed properly, with thermal paste/pad and
is the computer case adequately ventilated?

The computer was build in a computer shop by professional. All changed made
to hardware (mobo, mem) were done by them.
I tried with the new bios but the application cannot run on windows servers.

Tomorrow I will go AGAIN to the shop and change the processor (the only
thing that never was changed).

Thanks again

"Mistoffolees" <mistyfac01@danang.rvn> escribió en el mensaje

> Jorge Martinez wrote:
>
>> Nope, but I tried copying the file to hard disk and installed from there.
>> Same problem.
>
> Did you build this computer yourself or had a professional do
> it? Several other things to do: Visit the Intel support site,
> download and install the current bios revision for this mother-
> board (provided it is an Intel "retail" one; otherwise, go to
> the OEM site for the same. Next, is the proper, certified RAM
> installed for the particular CPU (e.g., DDR 400 vs. DDR 333).
> In bios setup, re-configure it to the "default" setting; the
> motherboard behavior is showing symptoms of "overclocking",
> probably due to mis-matching of some components. One final
> point to check, especially for a home-built, was the CPU fan
> and heatsink installed properly, with thermal paste/pad and
> is the computer case adequately ventilated?

> Along this vein, I once fought a similiar issue with my home comp.
> Eventually i resolved it by DOWNclocking a 2ghz athlon to run at 1.6.

The same problem with "corrupt" installation files? I mean... windows setup
reports that the file was not copied.

Thanks

Finally: It was de f***** processor.
I changed it for another one (the exact speed and type) and setup run ok,
and windows 2000 now works without blue screens.

Thanks folks !!!

so I was close, right? ;)