Domain controllers

Recently on our Windows 2000 domain we introduced a Windows 2003 server. It
was installed as a domain controller. We haven't been having any problems but
I was told this is not a good scenario (2003 DC in a 2K domain). Is this
true? Should we demote the 2003 to a member server?

Thanks for your help.

David,

Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325379#2
particularly the section "Overview: Upgrading Windows 2000 domain
controllers to Windows Server 2003". Did you do the "adprep /forestprep"
and "adprep /domainprep", otherwise you shouldn't have been able to dcpromo
the W2K3 box to become a DC. Hope this helps. Thanks.

--
William Hutchison [MSFT]

"david gallagher" <david gallagher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6E2C4926-6441-400B-97E2-01D9749D5EEE@microsoft.com...