Re Intro

Evan

Thank you for your welcome. As I understand, a million np's brings 10%
interest, and I wish I wasn't so sick of neopets right now, but in time, I
shall love it again, enough to spend 2 full weeks devoted to it :)

Please tell me how to reply, because it's Just not letting me.

Brother Evan
Hide and Seek Count To Ten
Stand Behind That Tree's Base
But Just Click Here To Be Safe
http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=916234

no idea. Im using OE and I just hit reply :)

So what is your user name?

"Evan" <musselman@voyager.net> wrote in message
> Thank you for your welcome. As I understand, a million np's brings 10%
> interest, and I wish I wasn't so sick of neopets right now, but in time, I
> shall love it again, enough to spend 2 full weeks devoted to it :)
>
> Please tell me how to reply, because it's Just not letting me.
>

> Brother Evan
> Hide and Seek Count To Ten
> Stand Behind That Tree's Base
> But Just Click Here To Be Safe
> http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=916234

He mentioned sending a neomail to BrotherEvan, I'm guessing thats his neo
login

"~*Connie*~" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> no idea. Im using OE and I just hit reply :)
>
> So what is your user name?
>

> "Evan" <musselman@voyager.net> wrote in message
>> Thank you for your welcome. As I understand, a million np's brings 10%
>> interest, and I wish I wasn't so sick of neopets right now, but in time,
>> shall love it again, enough to spend 2 full weeks devoted to it :)
>>
>> Please tell me how to reply, because it's Just not letting me.
>>

>> Brother Evan
>> Hide and Seek Count To Ten
>> Stand Behind That Tree's Base
>> But Just Click Here To Be Safe
>> http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=916234

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

Evan [musselman@voyager.net] said
> Thank you for your welcome. As I understand, a million np's brings 10%
> interest, and I wish I wasn't so sick of neopets right now, but in time, I
> shall love it again, enough to spend 2 full weeks devoted to it :)
>
> Please tell me how to reply, because it's Just not letting me.
>

> Brother Evan
> Hide and Seek Count To Ten
> Stand Behind That Tree's Base
> But Just Click Here To Be Safe
> http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=916234

I haven't used OE for years but from memory you should have three
buttons - one will start a new thread, one will reply to the current
post and one will send a email to the author of the current post.

You also need to add what is called a "sig separator" to the top of your
signature as that allows newsreader programs (although not OE unless you
install the Quote-Fix patch I believe) to automatically snip off the
signature when we reply to your post.

The format is "-- " [dash-dash-space].

Doesn't OE put that in automatically when you set up a sig?

"Les" <les789@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Evan [musselman@voyager.net] said
>> Thank you for your welcome. As I understand, a million np's brings 10%
>> interest, and I wish I wasn't so sick of neopets right now, but in time,
>> shall love it again, enough to spend 2 full weeks devoted to it :)
>>
>> Please tell me how to reply, because it's Just not letting me.
>>

>> Brother Evan
>> Hide and Seek Count To Ten
>> Stand Behind That Tree's Base
>> But Just Click Here To Be Safe
>> http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=916234
>>

> I haven't used OE for years but from memory you should have three
> buttons - one will start a new thread, one will reply to the current
> post and one will send a email to the author of the current post.
>
> You also need to add what is called a "sig separator" to the top of your
> signature as that allows newsreader programs (although not OE unless you
> install the Quote-Fix patch I believe) to automatically snip off the
> signature when we reply to your post.
>
> The format is "-- " [dash-dash-space].
>
> Doesn't OE put that in automatically when you set up a sig?

Evan, are you using Outlook Express? If so, right click on the toolbar and
go down the list to "Customize". Now you can chose what buttons you would
like (like Les says it comes with 3, but I remove the E-mail reply option
from the toolbar. I can always find it in the lists, but I often hit the
wrong buttons lately, so I remove it.) as well as where they are on the
toolbar, how they are separated, if any and generally make it useful for
you.

You should also check to see how the icons are viewed, whether they are all
labelled or only some are labelled or if none are labelled. My "New Post"
is not labelled but it is the pushpin through the notepaper; my "Reply
Group" is labelled, and it looks alot like the new post but it has the
purple reply bubble near the pushpin.

Other buttons I like for my viewing pleasure are the Stop, Refresh and Get
Next Headers (which I have changed to 999 just in case) group and the Mark
Unread, Mark Conversation (thread) Read and the Offline buttons (I use
offline to get rid of spam and generally clean up for instance my posts)
group.

It's been years (OMG, lot's of years (half a decade), thanks for making me
think of this guys, like I need a reminder lol) since I had a sig but I
don't remember if it automaticaly did the separator. It must have....

Since my sig is not big I choose to type it every time, even though there
are days where I can't spell my name. My darling used to like to reformat
the harddrive every few weeks (sometimes months) or so, and couldn't
remember to save my stuff or tell me before he did it so I could save my
stuff. I got out of the sig habit, maybe I could/should get back into it.

And Quote Fix I have read about and never installed. I know it removes old
sigs as well as deleting the line at the top of your reply and placing the
cursor at the bottom, so that people bottom post like most NG like. I have
heard there are groups who don't like bottom posting, but I haven't been in
one.

daramark