Task Scheduler won't work

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000 (More info?)

The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me dowm.
More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
started".

If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.

Does anyone have a clue???
3 answers Last reply
More about task scheduler work

    Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Also check Event
    Viewer for errors.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Hans Näslund" wrote:
    | The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me
    dowm.
    | More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
    | not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
    | started".
    |
    | If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
    | once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.
    |
    | Does anyone have a clue???

    If all else fails (as it did for me), here's a workaround that may help: Set up
    multiple schedules in each task...but be sure to allow enough time between
    starts for the event to run (just in case both do actually start). I found that
    the first scheduled time will get the "could not be started" error, but the next
    one will run.

    In my case I make daily backups of the registry using URUNT. The time between
    the first and second start times is only two minutes.

    "Hans Näslund" <hans.naslund@spray.se> wrote in message
    > The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me dowm.
    > More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
    > not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
    > started".
    >
    > If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
    > once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.
    >
    > Does anyone have a clue???

    Typo...that should be ERUNT...sorry.

    "wayfarrer" <dontbother@att.net> wrote in message
    > If all else fails (as it did for me), here's a workaround that may help: Set
    up
    > multiple schedules in each task...but be sure to allow enough time between
    > starts for the event to run (just in case both do actually start). I found
    that
    > the first scheduled time will get the "could not be started" error, but the
    next
    > one will run.
    >
    > In my case I make daily backups of the registry using URUNT. The time between
    > the first and second start times is only two minutes.
    >
    > "Hans Näslund" <hans.naslund@spray.se> wrote in message
    > > The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me dowm.
    > > More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
    > > not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
    > > started".
    > >
    > > If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
    > > once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have a clue???

Microsoft Windows