Task Scheduler won't work

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000 (More info?)

The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me dowm.
More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
started".

If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.

Does anyone have a clue???

Scheduled Tasks|Advanced|View Log may provide some details. Also check Event
Viewer for errors.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Hans Näslund" wrote:
| The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me
dowm.
| More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
| not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
| started".
|
| If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
| once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.
|
| Does anyone have a clue???

If all else fails (as it did for me), here's a workaround that may help: Set up
multiple schedules in each task...but be sure to allow enough time between
starts for the event to run (just in case both do actually start). I found that
the first scheduled time will get the "could not be started" error, but the next
one will run.

In my case I make daily backups of the registry using URUNT. The time between
the first and second start times is only two minutes.

"Hans Näslund" <hans.naslund@spray.se> wrote in message
> The last weeks, the Task Scheduler in Win2000 Pro has begun to let me dowm.
> More often than not, my scheduled tasks (among them various backups) will
> not be performed, and the scheduled task reports that it "could not be
> started".
>
> If I change the scheduled time, the task may start next time - but only
> once; after that it tells me again that it could not be started.
>
> Does anyone have a clue???

Typo...that should be ERUNT...sorry.