lost internet connection error code 1 & 31

i cant get on the internet using windows 2000. i've checked the device
manager , tried uninstalling reinstalling and updating the drivers,but
nothing seems to work. any other suggestions? if i use a linux cd i can get
on the internet, but then i cant access my windows......Please help!!!

No idea what those error codes are. Are they your manufacturers modem codes
or others? Need more info on them

I think you had a Denial of Service (DOS) attack on your computer.

My advice to you is download & install this absolutely fantastic
spyware/trojan scanner & scan your computer.

http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

You will need to download the latest definitions here:

http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe

Those definitions are 3/32005, but there are 19th/3/2005 out now. Maybe they
haven't updated their website, & have just done live update.

Post back your findings

I have spybot already and 2 other spyware/trojan scanners and a virus
scanner. Since i cant get on the internet thru windows i can't update any of
them. The error codes are my ethernet contoller and some actiontech thing
that wont work because the driver for them isnt configued correctly anymore.
i tried updating the driver that didn't do anything and then i tried
uninstalling it then reinstalling it and that didn't do anything either. So
if you have any other ideas or suggestions i would really appreciate them.
Thanks..